Phantom Thread (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oku
Michaelf2225 wrote:ignoring the fact that 99% of films are intended for viewing on the big screen, i tend to stay away from screeners just based on how poor the quality usually is - i mean, we're talking sub-DVD levels

but thank God i won't have to wait much longer as the Ritz theaters in Philly appear to be getting this Thursday evening
Vader182 wrote:Watching screeners gives you cancer.

-Vader
Agreed, people whom I usually disagree with.

Downloading screeners never even crossed my mind.

As long as it’s not said in a condescending tone amirite.

...oops, too late.

If we can somehow make this thread invisible yet still accessible that would be great, thanks! :twothumbsup:

Cilogy wrote:If we can somehow make this thread invisible yet still accessible that would be great, thanks! :twothumbsup:
Like, phantom?

Michaelf2225 wrote:ignoring the fact that 99% of films are intended for viewing on the big screen, i tend to stay away from screeners just based on how poor the quality usually is - i mean, we're talking sub-DVD levels

but thank God i won't have to wait much longer as the Ritz theaters in Philly appear to be getting this Thursday evening
The last screener I watched was IV, and let's just say it added an interesting dynamic to that viewing experience.

Not watching this on screener though, even though it doesn't come out until early February in my country.

Bacon wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:I respect you people's opinions of course, but personally I would never watch a screener of an Anderson or del Toro film. Just as I would never do that to a movie from Nolan. Then again I'm used to this waiting business, you people are not.£
There's a chance I might not be able to see either in a theater ever though. At least not without driving for 3 hours.
I can't believe that no theater close to you shows movies like The Shape of Water/Phantom Thread, etc. I work in a small town about 30 miles outside of Indianapolis and they show movies like that. It's a little surprising that in 2017 even small towns don't have theaters that show more indie movies.

There's a theater in a big city 20 miles from us that shows a lot of the more obscure movies. Another theater 15 miles of the opposite direction of us does the same. I saw movies like The Disaster Artist there and they're showing Lady Bird, Darkest Hour, and other films there.

But for some reason, they're not showing Shape of Water yet and there's absolutely no indication that they'll even pick this one up.

Bacon wrote:There's a theater in a big city 20 miles from us that shows a lot of the more obscure movies. Another theater 15 miles of the opposite direction of us does the same. I saw movies like The Disaster Artist there and they're showing Lady Bird, Darkest Hour, and other films there.

But for some reason, they're not showing Shape of Water yet and there's absolutely no indication that they'll even pick this one up.
...why don't you call and ask

-Vader

If it's not on their website, I doubt they'll have extra information to tell me. Usually most phone numbers for the theaters in the area are just a recording saying what movies they're showing that week (matching their showtimes on the website).

I'll give it a shot tomorrow but I fully expect to get nothing new

The entire score album is now available for streaming online!