Phantom Thread (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Is this a good movie to go on a date night?

LelekPL wrote:
February 25th, 2018, 7:49 am
Depends on the girl but I wouldn’t say so. There’s some weird shit going on later that might only appeal to those who are already in a strong relationship. Otherwise yikes, what is love, baby don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me no more.

m4st4 wrote:
February 25th, 2018, 8:48 am
LelekPL wrote:
February 25th, 2018, 7:49 am
Depends on the girl but I wouldn’t say so. There’s some weird shit going on later that might only appeal to those who are already in a strong relationship. Otherwise yikes, what is love, baby don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me no more.
thanks for the heads up. I'll go on my own.

I mean

I guess it’ll be educational for anyone just starting a relationship

lol

Cilogy wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 12:08 am
I mean

I guess it’ll be educational for anyone just starting a relationship

lol

I’d show it to 5th graders for sure.

I love that PTA looks like he just got out of bed and has his head over a coffee in every picture nowadays.

I dig the look.

GOING TO THE 70MM SCREENING THIS WEEK

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKK I CANNOT WAIT SOMEONE HOLD ME

Jennifer Lawrence Shut ‘Phantom Thread’ Off After Three Minutes, Apologizes to Anyone Who Loved It
“I got through about three minutes of it. I put in a good solid three. I’m sorry to anybody who loved that movie,” Lawrence said. “I couldn’t give that kind of time. It was three minutes and I was just [oof].”

“Is it just about clothes?” she continued. “Is [Reynolds Woodcock] kind of like a narcissistic sociopath and he’s an artist so every girl falls in love him because he makes her feel bad about herself and that’s the love story? I haven’t seen it, so I don’t know. I’ve been down that road, I know what that’s like, I don’t need to watch that movie [laughs].”
http://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/jennif ... 201932932/

Just read that as well. God she's obnoxious.

Allstar wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 4:49 pm
Jennifer Lawrence Shut ‘Phantom Thread’ Off After Three Minutes, Apologizes to Anyone Who Loved It
“I got through about three minutes of it. I put in a good solid three. I’m sorry to anybody who loved that movie,” Lawrence said. “I couldn’t give that kind of time. It was three minutes and I was just [oof].”

“Is it just about clothes?” she continued. “Is [Reynolds Woodcock] kind of like a narcissistic sociopath and he’s an artist so every girl falls in love him because he makes her feel bad about herself and that’s the love story? I haven’t seen it, so I don’t know. I’ve been down that road, I know what that’s like, I don’t need to watch that movie [laughs].”
http://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/jennif ... 201932932/
That is just... wow. :lol: I dated girl like that once, for about three days.