Phantom Thread (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I think much like The Master and There Will Be Blood, the pacing gets better on repeat viewings

There it is

BlairCo wrote:Image
Mhm, about time.

Wooo!

SO where is it?! Anto?!?!

Official Synopsis
Set in the glamour of 1950’s post-war London, renowned dressmaker Reynolds Woodcock (Daniel Day-Lewis) and his sister Cyril (Lesley Manville) are at the center of British fashion, dressing royalty, movie stars, heiresses, socialites, debutants and dames with the distinct style of The House of Woodcock. Women come and go through Woodcock’s life, providing the confirmed bachelor with inspiration and companionship, until he comes across a young, strong-willed woman, Alma (Vicky Krieps), who soon becomes a fixture in his life as his muse and lover. Once controlled and planned, he finds his carefully tailored life disrupted by love. With his latest film, Paul Thomas Anderson paints an illuminating portrait both of an artist on a creative journey, and the women who keep his world running. Phantom Thread is Paul Thomas Anderson’s eighth movie, and his second collaboration with Daniel Day-Lewis.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/PhantomThre ... e_internal

That sounds way more optimistic in tone than what the rumors were saying...hm...wonder if the synopsis is misleading.

Bacon wrote:
That sounds way more optimistic in tone than what the rumors were saying...hm...wonder if the synopsis is misleading.
Hopefully they're holding back just because it's a synopsis. Either way, i can't wait for the trailer. Now that Bladerunner and Dunkirk are out, this is at the top of the list for me.