Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
solo2001 wrote:I thought they were LIEMAX because of their size.
They are smaller digital theaters. They're not above SONY 4K projection, though IMAX would like you to believe they are. The problem with IMAX is they have a bunch of dopes running the company. Instead of running with their format from the very beginning they allowed themselves to be a speciality company. They never quite embraced camera technology like they should have, which is why they almost went under a few years ago.

Thanks! :twothumbsup:

Well I take back my earlier complaints because the tickets went up today for Transformers 3 in the proper IMAX theater. Groovy.

RomanM wrote:Well I take back my earlier complaints because the tickets went up today for Transformers 3 in the proper IMAX theater. Groovy.
You're seeing it in Lincoln Square IMAX?

Master Jedi wrote:
RomanM wrote:Well I take back my earlier complaints because the tickets went up today for Transformers 3 in the proper IMAX theater. Groovy.
You're seeing it in Lincoln Square IMAX?
Yep. Oh and so much for Fox "quitting" the franchise.
Megan Fox Didn't Quit "Transformers 3," Steven Spielberg Fired Her
Posted: June 20th, 2011 by WorstPreviews.com Staff

Megan Fox said some terrible things about director Michael Bay during the filming of the first two "Transformers" movies. Bay didn't seem to care, always defending the actress and attributing her statements and behavior to being young.

Then during the making of "Transformers 3," Fox refused to put on some weight or tan to play the role of Mikaela. Bay insisted that she looked the way she did in the first two films, but Fox felt that tanning is dangerous and ended up quitting.

Now comes word from Bay that Fox never quit and that it was producer Steven Spielberg who fired her after she compared Bay to Hitler, which is a sensitive topic for the "Schindler's List" director. "You know the Hitler thing? Steven [Spielberg] said, 'fire her right now,'" Bay revealed at the "Transformers 3" premiere.
Source: WorstPreviews.com

RomanM wrote:Yep. Oh and so much for Fox "quitting" the franchise.
Megan Fox Didn't Quit "Transformers 3," Steven Spielberg Fired Her
Posted: June 20th, 2011 by WorstPreviews.com Staff

Megan Fox said some terrible things about director Michael Bay during the filming of the first two "Transformers" movies. Bay didn't seem to care, always defending the actress and attributing her statements and behavior to being young.

Then during the making of "Transformers 3," Fox refused to put on some weight or tan to play the role of Mikaela. Bay insisted that she looked the way she did in the first two films, but Fox felt that tanning is dangerous and ended up quitting.

Now comes word from Bay that Fox never quit and that it was producer Steven Spielberg who fired her after she compared Bay to Hitler, which is a sensitive topic for the "Schindler's List" director. "You know the Hitler thing? Steven [Spielberg] said, 'fire her right now,'" Bay revealed at the "Transformers 3" premiere.
Source: WorstPreviews.com
true but that doesn't deny the fact that Michael Bay might have behaved with her like a pig... he has antecedents you know... Who knows what their relationship was on set? Who knows if Bay didn't act like a douche and looked at Megan like an object.

For someone who's against objectifying women then you should know better and really put things in balance considering Bay's personality.

I don't quite understand the point of your post. What does Bay being a dick have to do with Fox lying about quitting when in fact she was fired by the executive producer?

RomanM wrote:I don't quite understand the point of your post. What does Bay being a dick have to do with Fox lying about quitting when in fact she was fired by the executive producer?
Maybe she intended quitting anyway so she took the "you're fired" thing as "well I quit"...(like verbally saying it to Michael) If she did that she didn't actually lied.

Second of all... Michael Bay can't lie? only Megan? :|

RIFA wrote:
RomanM wrote:I don't quite understand the point of your post. What does Bay being a dick have to do with Fox lying about quitting when in fact she was fired by the executive producer?
Maybe she intended quitting anyway so she took the "you're fired" thing as "well I quit"...(like verbally saying it to Michael) If she did that she didn't actually lied.

Second of all... Michael Bay can't lie? only Megan? :|
You think Michael would throw this debacle on Steven's name if it wasn't true? Come on. We all know how touchy The Don is about that whole period in world history too. It's not nearly as much of a stretch as Fox quitting the only real thing she has going for herself.

The first half of your post I still don't quite get.

RomanM wrote:You think Michael would throw this debacle on Steven's name if it wasn't true? Come on. We all know how touchy The Don is about that whole period in world history too. It's not nearly as much of a stretch as Fox quitting the only real thing she has going for herself.

The first half of your post I still don't quite get.
I don't see it as a big problem for Bay to cover all things up and still trying to mess Fox's career... Megan said "Bay is like Hitler on set" ok... how is that insulting for Spielberg? Use logic. On the contrary, that remark should have raised awareness in Spielberg's mind about Michael Bay's behavior... but no.. they are friends they work together and there are money involved and an image to keep clean and another one to "destroy"...

IMO Megan wanted to quit because of Bay's behavior... now there are two possibilities...

1. She said "I quit" to Michael because he was a prick. Now Michael covers it up by using Spielberg's own issues with that period of time and making a plausible argument with that.

2. It happened like Bay said. Megan was complaining.. compared him with Hitler... Spielberg got mad (though there's no logic on why) and asked Bay to fire her. Bay came to Megan and said "you're fired" (and probably much more considering his temper) and Megan replied back "well I Quit" ... like almost anyone would have done"...

In the first case Megan lied but so what? Who really gives a fuck? 90% of the people would have done the same thing especially considering their youth statute in the filmmaking business.

In the second case Megan didn't lied but didn't tell the true facts also. So take it as half a life. Yet again who cares... I won't discredit Megan's credibility just because of what Bay said lol... Especially when we're talking about Bay...