Random Film News Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
what about rexy though? does she count as protagonist? cause i'll riot if she doesn't.

Allstar wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:Oh wow, three of the 30 films that Spielberg has made had female leads. How impressive! I guess that fact should serve all these foolish feminists, who want us to believe, that there has been an injustice in hollywood for years, well. What a myth!£
lol!

Can't wait for someone to call out Nolan.
Nolan thinks women are only good for morbid motivation.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Nolan thinks women are only good for morbid motivation.
lmao

Master Virgo wrote:Oh wow, three of the 30 films that Spielberg has made had female leads. How impressive! I guess that fact should serve all these foolish feminists, who want us to believe, that there has been an injustice in hollywood for years, well. What a myth!£
Yeah because the way Spielberg picks his stories is he makes sure they're bloke-driven first

Pratham wrote:what about rexy though? does she count as protagonist? cause i'll riot if she doesn't.
you better bring the pitchforks and the torches lol

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Yeah because the way Spielberg picks his stories is he makes sure they're bloke-driven first
Nobody's specifically talking about Spielberg. We're talking about a wave that the guy has been a part of. Do you want me to make a list of other famous filmmakers whose careers have been the same. How can one possibly deny the bias?£

...the conversation is indeed about Spielberg. Saying something patently untrue, labelling it as a fact and then moving on when disproven is decidedly Trumpian.

ArmandFancypants wrote:...the conversation is indeed about Spielberg. Saying something patently untrue, labelling it as a fact and then moving on when disproven is decidedly Trumpian.
thiss

The question is, do you honestly disagree with the point that she's making?£

Master Virgo wrote:The question is, do you honestly disagree with the point that she's making?£
of course not; more diversity in an industry can only lead to more diverse films - and hopefully, better ones

but i don't understand the point of coming after any specific filmmaker for not making the type of films that you wish/want them to make - especially if you're going to make false claims about their filmography

that's not how art works