Under the Silver Lake (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Andrew Garfield is attached to star in Under the Silver Lake, a crime thriller that is written and will be directed by David Robert Mitchell, the filmmaker behind the acclaimed horror hit It Follows.

Michael De Luca is producing under his Michael De Luca Productions banner. Chris Bender and Jake Weiner as well as Adele Romanski are producing as well.

Details are being kept locked in the trunk of the car but, it is described as a modern-day noir crime thriller set in Los Angeles.

Production is set to start at the end of the summe
r with Insiders handling international distribution.

CAA, which represents Mitchell and Garfield, packaged the project and brokered the deal with Insiders and represents the domestic rights.

It Follows was the horror sensation of 2015 and cemented Mitchell as a director to watch. His first feature, The Myth of the American Sleepover, premiered at the SXSW Film Festival, winning a special jury prize and premiered internationally at Cannes Critics’ Week.

Garfield recently starred in the drama 99 Homes and has two high-profile dramas in the can: Mel Gibson’s war movie Hacksaw Ridge and Martin Scorsese’s period monk drama Silence .

Garfield is additionally repped by Gordon and French in the UK, and attorney David Weber. Mitchell is also repped by Benderspink, and attorney David Fox.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ler-890719

Dakota Johnson Joins Andrew Garfield In ‘Under The Silver Lake’
50 Shades of Grey star Dakota Johnson is joining Andrew Garfield in David Robert Mitchell’s Under The Silver Lake, a modern noir crime thriller set in Los Angeles that is written and to be directed by David Robert Mitchell. Project will be Mitchell’s follow-up to breakout out indie horror hit It Follows. Michael De Luca is producing this under his Michael De Luca Productions banner, with Chris Bender and Jake Weiner and Adele Romanski also aboard as producers. Lucy Kitada is overseeing for Michael De Luca Prods. Production will start in Los Angeles this summer with Insiders handling international sales. A24 has acquired domestic rights.

In addition to returning as Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed– currently filming back to back- Johnson recently starred in Luca Guadagnino’s A Bigger Splash opposite Tilda Swinton, Ralph Fiennes and Matthias Schoenaerts as well as How To Be Single and Black Mass. She is also attached to The Sound of Metal opposite Schoenarts, a remake of Argento’s Suspiria directed by Guadagnino and Forever, Interrupted, which the actress is also a producer on.

Riley Keough to Star Opposite Andrew Garfield in A24’s ‘Under the Silver Lake’
“Mad Max: Fury Road” actress Riley Keough is in final negotiations for the female lead opposite Andrew Garfield in A24’s crime noir pic “Under the Silver Lake.”

“It Follows” director David Robert Mitchell is on board to write and direct the film.

Plot details are being kept under wraps other than the film being set in Los Angeles.

David Robert Mitchell? IN.

‘Under The Silver Lake’ Adds Zosia Mamet, Jimmi Simpson, Patrick Fischler & More To Round Out Cast
Zosia Mamet, Jimmi Simpson and Patrick Fischler and Luke Baines have been cast in David Robert Mitchell’s Under the Silver Lake, the crime thriller that stars Andrew Garfield, Riley Keough, and Topher Grace. Production has begun on the film, with Callie Hernandez (La La Land), Riki Lindome (The Dramatics: A Comedy), and Don McManus (Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension) rounding out the cast.

The story centers on a man who becomes obsessed with the strange circumstances of a billionaire mogul’s murder and the kidnapping of a girl. Fifty Shades Of Grey and The Social Network producer Michael De Luca is producing the pic as well as Chris Bender, Jake Weiner and Adele Romanski. A24 will distribute in the U.S.

I guess Dakota Johnson dropped out?

I liked It Follows visually but I thought the writing wasn't very good.
Last edited by shauner111 on March 3rd, 2018, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

shauner111 wrote:
March 3rd, 2018, 10:31 am
I guess Dakota Johnson dropped out?

I liked It Follows visually but I thought the writings wasn't very good.
yeah Dakota is out since the beginning, Keough's replaced her (which I prefer^^)