Pokémon Detective Pikachu (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Controversial but I wasn’t a big fan of Pokemon as a kid (and still) but I find the Pokemons themselves to be quite adorable.

I thought this was very bizzare when it was first announced but after seeing this trailer my excitement went from 0 to 10 real quick.

I hate the concept, not a fan of that style of animation, and Ryan's voice really doesn't fit.

But I gotta be honest, that trailer sold me. Looks like incredible fun. Not often do I laugh at multiple times watching a trailer. Count me in!

this is like finding $20 in your back pocket you didn't know you had

-Vader

I liked Pokémon as a kid but once we got more than the original 150 Pokémon I was less interested. I never played the games and only ever watched the old episodes, which were quite fun.

This does seem to have some charm to it and so let's say I hope that this turns out good.

At first I was floored by how rich the photography is in this, but then I googled and didn't realize it was John Mathieson.

Also it seems like solid fun and I'm in for a nostalgia trip.

Never really got into the bizarre little critter world of Pokemon but that particular trailer has got me all rather enthused.
Looks vibrant,charismatic and ,above all else, enjoyable.

WB: Hey guys we're developing a movie called Detective Pikachu
The Internet: lol no one wants this WB
WB: Hey guys, here's the trailer for Detective Pikachu
The Internet:

(totes mean this in a really good and fun way. I'm glad that people are taking to the trailer so positively)

I've never been interested in Pokémon, but I was hoping this trailer would do something for me anyway, and I have to say.... It still did absolutely nothing for me.

This looks like it's fun.

The Pokémon look real good. Realistic, yet close to the original.