Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Saw this last week. Great film. Especially brilliant performances by McDormand and Harrelson.

the_red_ninja wrote:
January 26th, 2018, 4:22 am
I need to see this... haven't even seen a trailer or clip of this - think I will go in blind.
I went in blind, so happy I did, I saw the trailer in front of another film a week later and boy does it show way too much.

Sanchez wrote:
January 25th, 2018, 7:54 pm
Saw this on Monday. McDormand and Rockwell do the performances of their career, I can't say I see the same appeal with Harrelson, although he did a good job as well. In terms of dialogue it's easily the best script of the year, and I love movies that makes me feel all kinds of emotions. This made me feel all kinds of emotions.

8.5/10
Better than Fargo and Moon? Not sure about that. They were very good in this movie no doubt.

bootsy wrote:
January 26th, 2018, 7:08 pm
Better than Fargo and Moon? Not sure about that. They were very good in this movie no doubt.
I'd say she's definitely better in this. I can see the argument for him in Moon, I haven't seen it in a long time. But considering he's only a supporting actor in this, I do think this is the better performance.

I was prepared to dislike this film but I came out loving it.

Great performances from Rockwell and Harrelson. I'm definitely watching it again.

MyCocaine wrote:
March 17th, 2018, 3:33 pm
I was prepared to dislike this film but I came out loving it.

Great performances from Rockwell and Harrelson. I'm definitely watching it again.
Why were you prepared to dislike this?

This was so good. :twothumbsup:

I liked everything in the film, the amazing balance of comedy and drama except
I hated the ending, give me some kind of freaking resolution. It reminded me so much of No Country for Old Men in that the ending is the only thing I disliked. Am I in the minority or was the ending viewed as polarizing at all?

PowerDump wrote:
April 17th, 2018, 12:53 am
I liked everything in the film, the amazing balance of comedy and drama except
I hated the ending, give me some kind of freaking resolution. It reminded me so much of No Country for Old Men in that the ending is the only thing I disliked. Am I in the minority or was the ending viewed as polarizing at all?
I think you might be missing some points here

-Vader

Stories don't need endings or beginnings, they just need the middle.£