Tully (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
EXCLUSIVE: As Charlize Theron prepares to open The Huntsman: Winter’s War and the Cannes-bound Sean Penn-directed The Last Face, she is in the early stages to re-team with director Jason Reitman and screenwriter Diablo Cody.

They made Young Adult in 2011, and now they are early stage talks to team again in Cody’s latest script that Reitman will direct, which doesn’t have a title. All I know is it’s about motherhood. Cody and Reitman broke out together in Juno, and Theron crushed it in Mad Max: Fury Road.

They’re all repped by WME.
http://deadline.com/2016/04/charlize-th ... 201731929/

Love Reitman/Cody collabartions and thought Theron was terrific in Young Adult. REALLY hope this is a return to form for Reitman after the stinker that was Men Women & Children (still haven't bothered watching Labor Day). I'm decently confident it will be.

Mackenzie Davis to Co-Star With Charlize Theron in Jason Reitman’s ‘Tully’
Mackenzie Davis has joined the cast of Jason Reitman’s next feature, “Tully.”

Davis joins Charlize Theron in the film, which follows a mother of three (including a newborn), Marlo (Theron), who is gifted a night nanny by her brother. Hesitant to the extravagance at first, Marlo comes to form a unique bond with the thoughtful, surprising and challenging young nanny.

It’s currently unknown who Davis will be playing.

Bron Studios’ Aaron L. Gilbert is producing along with Right of Way Films’ Reitman and Helen Estabrook; Diablo Cody and Mason Novick; and Theron, A.J. Dix and Beth Kono via their Denver & Delilah Productions, in association with Creative Wealth Media Finance. The latter’s Jason Cloth will serve as executive producer.

Mackenzie will be seen next in Denis Villeneuve’s “Blade Runner” sequel, and also appears in AMC series “Halt and Catch Fire,” which returns in August.

She also recently won best actress at the Tribeca Film Festival for her turn in Sophia Takal’s “Always Shine.”

Davis is repped by UTA, Thruline Entertainment and Sloane, Weber, Offer & Dern.

Panapaok wrote:Mackenzie Davis to Co-Star With Charlize Theron in Jason Reitman’s ‘Tully’
Mackenzie Davis has joined the cast of Jason Reitman’s next feature, “Tully.”

Davis joins Charlize Theron in the film, which follows a mother of three (including a newborn), Marlo (Theron), who is gifted a night nanny by her brother. Hesitant to the extravagance at first, Marlo comes to form a unique bond with the thoughtful, surprising and challenging young nanny.

It’s currently unknown who Davis will be playing.

Bron Studios’ Aaron L. Gilbert is producing along with Right of Way Films’ Reitman and Helen Estabrook; Diablo Cody and Mason Novick; and Theron, A.J. Dix and Beth Kono via their Denver & Delilah Productions, in association with Creative Wealth Media Finance. The latter’s Jason Cloth will serve as executive producer.

Mackenzie will be seen next in Denis Villeneuve’s “Blade Runner” sequel, and also appears in AMC series “Halt and Catch Fire,” which returns in August.

She also recently won best actress at the Tribeca Film Festival for her turn in Sophia Takal’s “Always Shine.”

Davis is repped by UTA, Thruline Entertainment and Sloane, Weber, Offer & Dern.
:thumbup:

Ridley Scott to Villeneuve to this.

Girl is on the rise. Very confident this will be a return to form for Reitman.

That shot of phone falling tells me this might be something special.

i'm always in for reitman for some reason

I didn't like Thank You for Smoking.
I didn't like Juno.
I didn't like Up in the Air.

I probably won't like Tully.

I hate the title so much, but the movie looks alright.