Kursk (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Matthias talked to the Belgium newspaper The Morning (De Morgen) and he confirmed he will reteam with Bullhead director Michael R. Roskam on “The Faithful” this year but he also mentioned he will reteam with “Far From The Madding Crowd” director Thomas Vinterberg:

"I will also collaborate again with Thomas Vinterberg, with whom I worked on Far From The Madding Crowd. Vinterberg will film “Kursk” in the fall, the story of a sunken Russian submarine, and I will play the captain. I am really looking forward to it."

Earlier this year Deadline reported that director Thomas Vinterberg signed on to direct “Kursk“. They reported the following story:

EuropaCorp has set Thomas Vinterberg to helm Kursk, the Robert Rodat-scripted adaptation of the Robert Moore book A Time To Die. Casting will begin shortly for a projected fall production start in Europe. The film is based on the true story of the nuclear-powered Russian submarine, the Kursk, which sank during a training exercise in the Barents Sea in 2000. Twenty-three sailors survived the crash and desperately waited for help to arrive, as their oxygen ran out minute-by-minute.

Variety is reporting the screenplay is written by Robert Rodat and based on Robert Moore’s book ‘A Time to Die’.
http://matthias-schoenaerts.net/2016/02 ... for-kursk/

Sweet. All of you Vinterberg newbies should go watch The Celebration. His best film by far.

-Vader

Hi newbie here :wave:

Lea Seydoux Boards EuropaCorp Submarine Drama ‘Kursk’ – Berlin

The Spectre Bond girl and Inglourious Basterds French actress is set to star in Thomas Vinterberg’s English-language Russian submarine drama, which starts shooting in April.

Pic is based on the 2000 explosion and the struggle that ensued aboard the Kursk submarine which sank in the Barents Sea. Saving Private Ryan Oscar nominee Robert Rodat is penning the screenplay from Robert Moore’s tome A Time to Die.

Seydoux joins Matthias Schoenaerts and Colin Firth. Schoenaerts plays Russian Navy captain-lieutenant Mikhail Kalekov while Seydoux will portray his wife Tanya, a role that Rachel McAdams was once in talks for. Firth plays David Russell, a British naval commander who goes against Russia’s warnings so he can try to save the men on the Kursk.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/lea-seydoux ... 201906726/

I can confirm that filming started 6 days ago. I know someone close to Thomas Vinterberg.

User of Interest wrote:I can confirm that filming started 6 days ago. I know someone close to Thomas Vinterberg.
They started filming in Toulon last week

Gwopijon wrote:
User of Interest wrote:I can confirm that filming started 6 days ago. I know someone close to Thomas Vinterberg.
Huh... That's odd. My source told me something else then.

User of Interest wrote:
Gwopijon wrote:
Huh... That's odd. My source told me something else then.

What did your sources say?

Gwopijon wrote:What did your sources say?
Only that shooting began 6 days ago in France. Didn't say where in France though.