Deadpool 2 (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
“We certainly are talking about the sequel—we were talking about the sequel while we were making the movie just because when you make a film like this that’s from a serialized source material, you hope that it’s the first of many… But yeah [Fox is] feeling good about it, we’re all feeling really proud of it, so hopefully before it comes out we will be well into the process of figuring out a sequel.”
Deadpool director Tim Miller previously hinted that comics character Cable will hopefully be popping up in Deadpool 2, so Steve asked Kinberg if they’ve been talking about using the character:

“It’s certainly come up because he’s such a big character in the world. And it’s a character that I’ve always wanted to do in one form or another, we talked about Cable actually in Days of Future Past at one point. But yeah we’re in such the early stages of sequel talk it would be genuinely premature for me to say whether or not he was gonna be in it.”
http://collider.com/deadpool-2-cable-st ... n-kinberg/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... rks-863418
Fox is betting that audiences will not get a load of Deadpool when the movie opens this weekend but will immediately want more, which is why the studio is already working on a sequel.

Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who wrote Deadpool, are writing the script for a follow-up, which has already been greenlit, insiders tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The fact that a sequel is in the works should not be a surprise at this point. Deadpool is tracking to open to at least $65 million over the upcoming four-day holiday weekend, with some estimates pointing north of $70 million.

Tim Miller directed Deadpool and although is he has not signed on to helm the sequel, Fox is intent on keeping the creative team together.

Reese, Wernick and Miller, as well as star Ryan Reynolds, have fought an uphill battle within the studio system to get the movie made, forging themselves into a compact unit. Wernick and Reese, who also acted as exec producers on the movie, remained on board throughout the development and production, a rarity in a system that interchanges scribed at high rates.

Not until we get X-force yo!

the_red_ninja wrote:Not until we get X-force yo!
This could very well be X-Force.
Especially if the Hamm as Cable rumors are true.

I really hope this will end up being X-Force. The idea is just too great to stall imo. I mean, I'd love to see a solo-Deadpool sequel but still, getting him to work in a team would be great. I also think the budget could definitely be at least $100 million if it's X-Force.

Bring it Fox.

LEt's talk Cable casting
From this list of 25, I only like:
Henry Rollins
Jon Hamm
Bruce Campbell could be fun
Karl Urban
Christopher Meloni
Max Martini

Why not Stephen Lang? :(

BlairCo wrote:Why not Stephen Lang? :(
Cable is actually a likable character yo.

Seriously
Knightley
Would be VERY cool.

the_red_ninja wrote:
BlairCo wrote:Why not Stephen Lang? :(
Cable is actually a likable character yo.
You sayin' Lang isn't likeable?