Deadpool 2 (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 6:34 am
m4st4 wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 6:31 am
That LGBT sub-‘plot’ was the worst.
Did we watch 2 different movies?
I don’t know, maybe? Writers just confirmed mid-credit is canon so there goes the importance of yet another plot point. And yes, it’s Deadpool 2, a commentary on itself through and through, but the first one managed to strike a fine balance between dead serious and grotesque humor.
Was pedophile ring supposed to be the serious part here?
...or the death of his wife which is now confirmed retcon?

I think you're not quite getting Blair's point. What LGBT sub plot?

darthnazgul wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 12:24 pm
I think you're not quite getting Blair's point. What LGBT sub plot?
There is none. I was referring to these two token lesbians.

Admittedly, I did laugh at 'Hi Yukiooo!' way more than they deserved.

I don't really see that as a LGBT thing. It's just yet another case of an X-Men film having no idea what to do with its side characters.

darthnazgul wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 1:35 pm
I don't really see that as a LGBT thing. It's just yet another case of an X-Men film having no idea what to do with its side characters.
Yeah, I only commented because there were some actual articles about ‘moving things forward’ on that front. Say what.

That Morrison suit only reminds me how we’ll probably never get anything as good as New X-Men from Fox.

This was good, not great. Not really an improvement over the first film because everything that they do better here is matched by something they do worse. Second half is pretty great at times but that first half is pretty rough

7/10ish.

This was fun. Took a while to get into it but once the story got going it was doing fine. I cried from laughing during the helicopter scene, that was terrific. Not all comedy worked for me but the peaks outmeasured the lows. The action was better than the first tbh.

The Hi Yukio was just too easy but sooo funny lol

Really want that full on X-Force film, hope they bring Keen back.

So is Ness dead or alive? I couldn't tell what was a joke and what they were taking seriously.

Bacon wrote:
May 23rd, 2018, 6:30 pm
So is Ness dead or alive? I couldn't tell what was a joke and what they were taking seriously.
Apparently
the credits scene of him saving her is canon.