Predict: Movies in 2016

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Predict away!

1) Deadpool won't be particularly good

But will make money, eventually. It's a February release, I don't think the world is ready for an earlier March.

2) Leonardo DiCaprio won't win an Oscar in 2016

I just don't see it happening after contemplating a bit; and if he does it's going to be a Marty Scorsese's Departed sort of situation, not entirely deserving, especially compared to some performances this year (Fassy is my favorite), or some of his performances in the past (Aviator and Catch Me, for starters).

3) DC and WB will successfully kickstart DCU, both BvS and Suicide Squad will be in the green zone

Both will be massive commercial successes; SS will win over critics and public, whereas BvS will divide the critics as every other Snyder movie, probably the audiences as well. MVPs will be Ben Affleck and Margot Robbie. Jared is a wild card.

4) Warcraft and/or Assassin's Creed will start a new trend in Hollywood

One of these movies (or, if we're lucky, both) will be a critical and commercial success, creating a new trend of massive video game adaptations that aren't just a joke like superhero movies were in the past.

5) Ghostbusters will serve crows for breakfast

Haven't seen the trailer yet but I want to see it happening just because I don't understand the logic behind the global hate right now.

6) Tim Burton will finally and officially announce Beetlejuice 2

With Winona Ryder and Michael Keaton on board, of course.

7) Star Trek Beyond will suck

And you will thank Justin Lin for that. Pegg will salvage some though. MVP: Sofia Boutella.
Last edited by m4st4 on January 4th, 2016, 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

I pretty much agree, but I think SS will be bad.

Come on you pussies.

m4st4 wrote:Come on you pussies.
DiCaprio is 99% sure to finally to win the Oscar.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
That might be my first (and only) crow, I admit.

I'll be happy for him but far from his best performance to this date. Wolf, Aviator and Shutter Island for me.
Last edited by m4st4 on January 2nd, 2016, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deadpool will be great and resurrect RR's career.

Dodd wrote:Deadpool will be great and resurrect RR's career.
Interesting. Was itchy on that one cause it feels so... unstable, unpredictable, especially since it's also a February release. We'll find out soon enough.

m4st4 wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:
That might be my first (and only) crow, I admit.

I'll be happy for him but far from his best performance to this date. Wolf, Aviator and Shutter Island for me.
I did prefer his performance in Wolf too but not by much. In the Revenant it was by far his most devoted and challenging work yet and relied on his true physical prowess to translate his character onto screen. It would be a brilliant win.

Deadpool will be a flop and end Ryan Reynolds career.

Silence will be a goddamn masterpiece with a capital M.

Batman v Superman will be a big disappointment and get trashed by critics.

Rogue One will be a giant success and may be considered the most beautiful Star Wars movie from a technical point of view.

Passengers will flop at the boxoffice.

Assassin's Creed will be great.

The Great Wall will either be genius or fucking suck, no middle ground.

Doctor Strange will be an innovative superhero movie.

A Monster Calls is going to be a special movie that a lot of people slept on.

Ghostbusters will be good.

That's all I got.

Allstar wrote:A Monster Calls is going to be a special movie that a lot of people slept on.
I like that prediction. Bayona is a competent director, the premise sounds very intriguing and it's got a great cast. Certainly keeping a close eye on that one.