Mindhunter (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Is season 3 confirmed?

Not yet, I guess?

Apparently there was a five season plan but I don't know what they think about that now.

So this is terrific TV. Last few episodes were unbearably tense and thrilling. More importantly it's all so infuriating to know that all of this actually happened, especially
closing down of investigation in Atlanta
. Also does any one know that statement Ford makes at the end about
Polaroids
has any factual basis? The only aspect I didn't like was what happens to
Wendy's relationship and Bill's marriage.
It was just too typical.

Btw Damon Herriman kills it as you know who.

so the you know what doesn't turn into a massive contrivance and annoying issue?

-Vader

You mean
Brian?
No no it's not at all contrived, rather the fallout from that incident feels very organic. It's only towards the end of the season it falls into a huge cliche territory which I mentioned in the spoiler tag of my last post.

Y’all I’m only 2 episodes in...shit is just as good if not better than S1 so far. The fucking
out of focus poor kid who had been shot
was brilliant. Fuckin David Fincher man...

spade wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 5:45 pm
You mean
Brian?
No no it's not at all contrived, rather the fallout from that incident feels very organic. It's only towards the end of the season it falls into a huge cliche territory which I mentioned in the spoiler tag of my last post.
How can you view the fallout from Brian's situation as natural, and not Bill's marriage?
Regarding Dr. Carr...
What was that pivot about in the last few episodes where all her scenes became about her relationship rather than her work? And even if she was sidelined by her boss because she is an "academic", the show kind of just brushed it off.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:47 pm
spade wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 5:45 pm
You mean
Brian?
How can you view the fallout from Brian's situation as natural, and not Bill's marriage?
Tenchs being assigned a social worker who really unnerves the couple, doctor prescribing a pill for bed wetting, Bill managing Atlanta, Quantico, Home at the same time, Nance wanting to move to a different house etc. All of this makes you empathize with the family. But you have to remember not much time has elapsed since the incident to make us believe that the marriage itself is in danger. Hence the end feels forced and narratively convenient. It could have gone in any other direction but breakdown of a marriage because that's the ultimate nadir right?. Didn't feel earned at all.

Vader182 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 4:00 am
spade wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 2:15 am
Episode 4. Didn't see that coming. Glad to have Dominik back in action.
Just got there myself. This season, so far, is both stronger and weaker than Season 1. I'm not in love with how splintered its focus at first appears. Holden is no longer a main character, and that lack of drive is having some weird consequences on pacing. That said, the individual parts are all extremely strong. Dominik's direction is strong as ever.
I am extremely concerned where that end of episode 4 is going. On the surface, it seems like a real jump the shark moment and hokey as hell.

-Vader
I'm 5 eps in...how is Holden no longer a main character? He's still in it a ton. I'm genuinely baffled by this comment.

dis sum good shit brudda
not a fan of the "panic attack" plot device though. hamfisted and lame.