Mindhunter (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Best thing on Netflix. I love the little scenery chewing you get each episode by the actors being interviewed as the murders. Just got through the Manson episode and after watching OUATIH is was interseting to get a more dramatic dynamic of him and his family. Get to see why they had such a lasting impact on our culture.

the second season is much more sure footed and each episode so far Fincher keeps making louder and louder aesthetic choices and i love it. there's a scene in episode 2 where a victim is entirely out of focus the entire conversation, helping make it tense and tragic. i have some skepticism over some of the plot elements and how they play out, but so far I'm loving it.

-Vader

Need to start this from Season 1 at some point. Sounds like I'm missing out.

Vader182 wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 2:34 pm
the second season is much more sure footed and each episode so far Fincher keeps making louder and louder aesthetic choices and i love it. there's a scene in episode 2 where a victim is entirely out of focus the entire conversation, helping make it tense and tragic. i have some skepticism over some of the plot elements and how they play out, but so far I'm loving it.

-Vader
That scene was so good

Episode 4. Didn't see that coming. Glad to have Dominik back in action.

Started rewatching season 01.

spade wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 2:15 am
Just got there myself. This season, so far, is both stronger and weaker than Season 1. I'm not in love with how splintered its focus at first appears. Holden is no longer a main character, and that lack of drive is having some weird consequences on pacing. That said, the individual parts are all extremely strong. Dominik's direction is strong as ever.
I am extremely concerned where that end of episode 4 is going. On the surface, it seems like a real jump the shark moment and hokey as hell.

-Vader

I don’t know what happened to me two years ago, I just wasn’t interested in ‘a David Fincher series’ when I could be watching ‘a new David Fincher movie’ instead and the first episode of season one kinda bored me, but now, revisiting it, can’t take my eyes off! Can’t wait to reach season 2 you guys.

Vader182 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 4:00 am
spade wrote:
Just got there myself. This season, so far, is both stronger and weaker than Season 1. I'm not in love with how splintered its focus at first appears. Holden is no longer a main character, and that lack of drive is having some weird consequences on pacing. That said, the individual parts are all extremely strong. Dominik's direction is strong as ever.
I am extremely concerned where that end of episode 4 is going. On the surface, it seems like a real jump the shark moment and hokey as hell.

-Vader
Overall I think I'm preferring it over season 1 by a small margin. And yes even I feel similarly about what would be the ramifications of ep4 ending.

Vader182 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 4:00 am
spade wrote:

-Vader
I actually really dig how Holden is not the main character now. Tench and Carr are just as interesting characters and I love Carr's character development thus far. Torv is doing a fantastic job.

I just finished episode 4 and so far I think season 2 is shaping up to be stronger than season 1. Also, this show is visually very pleasing, the HDR is great