Netflix's Iron Fist

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
“Returning to New York City after being missing for years, Daniel Rand fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.”

“Scott came in with a take on Iron Fist that quite simply knocked us off our feet,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “We always look for the most creative minds in the field to help us bring our heroes to life, and with Scott we’ve found someone that can deliver yet another great series in the ongoing story of The Defenders.”

“I’ve always been drawn to writing complex, intriguing characters, and that’s what most excites me about the opportunity to bring Danny Rand and “Iron Fist” to life with Marvel on Netflix,” said Buck.
Dexter, Six Feet Under's Scott Buck to Showrun Iron Fist for Netflix and Marvel

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/ ... el-netflix
EDIT: It's official: http://marvel.com/news/tv/25516/scott_b ... d=19388163

Yay because Iron Fist already showed he's an awesome character in Jessica Jones

Nay because Scott Buck is responsible for the clusterfuck that was Dexter's last three seasons. Terrible choice

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Yay because Iron Fist already showed he's an awesome character in Jessica Jones

Nay because Scott Buck is responsible for the clusterfuck that was Dexter's last three seasons. Terrible choice
Was Iron First in it? I thought Luke Cage was.

JohnConstantine wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:Yay because Iron Fist already showed he's an awesome character in Jessica Jones

Oh my bad, I confused these two

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
JohnConstantine wrote:

Oh my bad, I confused these two
Repent, sinner
Confession: I was expecting that answer to use you avy :shifty:

I don't know much about Iron Fist, but considering Netflix and Marvel's track record so far, I'm definitely curious about this and Luke Cage.

They've put out a casting call for 2 series regulars. Names are probably fake, though.
[DYLAN KENDALL] 25 - 28 yrs old, handsome and sophisticated, independent and a loner.

[HARRY MARSHALL] 45 - 50 yrs old. Caucasian, highly intelligent, merciless, confident and arrogant, physically active.

Carrie Anne Moss is also attached to return. Understand her character's male counterpart in the comics is tied to Danny Rand, & given she's also introduced in Jessica Jones, needn't waste time with establishing her.

Production is looking to kickoff in April. Going by that timetable, think S2 of Jones would probably be only after The Defenders.

People are freaking out that a white actor was cast to play a while male? They wanted an asian I guess.