Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
Bacon wrote:Agreed. Batman's a psychopathic murderer in this.
As he should be.
L
M
A
O

The approach on Batman in this is pretty great and daring. It didn't reach it's full potential here.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
As he should be.
Said only by people who never read a Batman comic in their life.

What is so unfortunate is the fact that Snyder had a one in a lifetime chance to get Batman to some really interesting places. (The same opportunity Burton got after the success of Batman and seized it like a boss) Considering how much Nolan's trilogy paid off for Warner, they were as it appears clearly open to the possibility of an even darker Batverse.

The problem is not that with all the mixed reactions it's going to be smooth sailing from now on, (I'm personally expecting a rather bland by the book Justice League since this whole crowd pleasing business is not exactly Snyder's strongest suit) but he at least could have delivered the goods once and for all. I mean Watchmen failed critically and commercially but the ship had sailed long before anyone could do anything about it.£

This is definitely the darkest Batman on screen. He's the craziest yet, all because of Superman's presence. Sure, he was a bit too rough in some of the action scenes, actually only the chase and flying in the warehouse. We've seen before that Batman is willing to kill/let someone die if nothing else can be done. Nolan/Bale Batman did it as well although in a smaller capacity.
It made sense this Batman had become more cruel after Superman's presence and the fact that this Batman has also been Batman for two decades already and it bothers him that it keeps on going.
However, he could finally see the humanity in Superman after he begged him to save Martha. It only made him think of his own mother, not Superman's even, though Batman was well aware that Superman had parents. Then he could finally reflect himself in Superman and saw that what he was doing was wrong. On top of that, he got to save Martha, symbolically his own mother, after all. Of course he was determined to rescue her and he succeeded. At the end he was no longer cruel. So, of course Batman is not going to be this cruel in JL.

He was a dumbass in the movie. A killer. But he looked cool! So I guess he's the best Batman to date!!!

:thumbup:

shauner111 wrote:He was a dumbass in the movie. A killer. But he looked cool! So I guess he's the best Batman to date!!!

:thumbup:

Him being cruel because of Superman's presence doesn't excuse him being a psychopathic murderer.

Nomis wrote:This is definitely the darkest Batman on screen.
It really isn't that big of a deal. Anyone can make a superhero a huge douchebag and then call it dark. The feat is to walk on the edge and not trip which is what Nolan succeeded at and so did Russos with Iron Man to some extent.

Take note that I'm not one of the haters. I give the film a mixed to positive rating and there are many aspects to it that I'm eager to defend, but this morally and mentally confused version of Batman Snyder and Terrio have cooked up for us, doesn't qualify as one.£

shauner111 wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
As he should be.
Said only by people who never read a Batman comic in their life.
So fucking what, what does that have to do with it? This doesn't try to be the 'definitive' version of the character, this is Snyder's, just like any other comic author or director's version.

Unless of course the notion of a cinematic universe requires that they should try and be more 'definitive' with their approach instead of auteurish.