Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:People have no chill.

-Vader
hey

Bacon wrote:
Cilogy wrote:
Ivan wrote:Was it RIFA? Bacon? m4st4? ChristNolan? Cilogy? I'm really asking, because you guys sometimes all look the same to me, except Vader because he signs his post. This guy was really annoying.
lol

batfan?
Either him or MyCocaine.
I don't know, man. I remember it was a short name.

Talli?

Also, there was this guy who, no matter what he said, everyone hated him.
I was going to say Jaxteller
He was always complaining and criticizing everything, that's why everyone didn't like him
Then I realized this is the exact opposite of Jaxteller.

though I did sort of make that an Olympic sport, especially in this thread

Ivan wrote:I remember it was a short name.
I know who.
Ivan

Vader182 wrote:There's nothing wrong with tirelessly discussing movies on the internet. I tirelessly discuss movies in real life. I'm sure many of you do too. What there is something wrong with, though, is bringing sad emotional problems and throwing them at other people. Which, for whatever reason, Nolanfans has had a LOT of. People have no chill.

-Vader
and if you are going to, at least do it in a fun way like the existential dread appreciation thread
Ivan wrote: Also, there was this guy who, no matter what he said, everyone hated him. He was always complaining and criticizing everything, that's why everyone didn't like him. Was it RIFA? Bacon? m4st4? ChristNolan? Cilogy? I'm really asking, because you guys sometimes all look the same to me, except Vader because he signs his post. This guy was really annoying.

Anyway, back to topic...
maybe cause you only have 400 posts ya spruce moose

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
Ivan wrote: Also, there was this guy who, no matter what he said, everyone hated him. He was always complaining and criticizing everything, that's why everyone didn't like him. Was it RIFA? Bacon? m4st4? ChristNolan? Cilogy? I'm really asking, because you guys sometimes all look the same to me, except Vader because he signs his post. This guy was really annoying.

Anyway, back to topic...
maybe cause you only have 400 posts ya spruce moose
I don't post much.... but I'm always watching.

The ultimate cut doesn't change the laughably bad, cringe inducing writing. It's like a 14 year old wrote it.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition

Resolves issues I had about being sort of confused about the plot. Some things are still muddy though (I still don't get the writing on newspapers and send them to Bruce thing, who did that? why?). Definitely doesn't feel rushed anymore, but it's no less exhausting. Lex still seems like the Joker with more money basically, and Eisenberg's performance comes across as just as convoluted and over-the-top.

It also confirmed an issue I was on the fence about. I don't like this iteration of Batman. While the philosophical debate at the heart of the film is an interesting one, and I think it's certainly explored in a neat way, the approach taken with Bats almost ruins it, IMO. Affleck is serviceable enough and the overall design is neat, but a Batman who kills intentionally just sort of destroys the character. It also makes it really difficult to side with the character at all when all Superman does really is kill inadvertently. Sure, you could argue Bruce has just sort of gone fucking mental, but I don't see much reason for it.

I'll double down on the fact that overriding themes in the story play out nicely. The god/devil/heaven & hell thing running throughout is cool. I don't think it's poorly or carelessly written, it's a fucking mess. It also still feels like several different comic book stories mashed into one, and it feels like DC is trying to kill 5 birds with a pebble.

Fucking love WW still, and Zimmer's theme for her.