Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
LelekPL wrote:I used to hope that the UC would give Batman's character some sense. His motivation to flat out kill Superman from the start of the film would be explained. But I doubt they'll fix that big of a gap in development. I guess he's just meant to be xenophobic and he's still my biggest problem with the film.
I agree with this. Ben Affleck played the best worst portrayal of Batman on screen.

And @ant: Okay then. That may be good.
lmao
he's literally the only positive thing the film brings to the new DC universe

But Clooney isn't any kind of best portrayal of Batman. I'm saying Affleck is fantastic, but what he's playing isn't really Batman.

my problem is that the original cut was stuffed because it contained crap we didn't even need
like the stupid workout bulking sequence
so unless they both clean up the crap and extend characters i don't see this doing much

Bacon wrote:But Clooney isn't any kind of best portrayal of Batman. I'm saying Affleck is fantastic, but what he's playing isn't really Batman.
I'd say Affleck was "good" in the role. It wasn't dreadful acting or anything. It wasn't great either. He was servicable. His biggest accomplishment was his body and his stuntmen.

But the role was just horrible. It was the worst portrayal of the character of Batman I have seen. That's including B&R.

Affleck isn't the best to play the role. He's fine but he plays Batman the same as he plays real Bruce or public persona Bruce. The suit, his looks, stuntmen...that should be getting the credit. Ben will do better in the future with a better characterization but he's still lazy in the role. His interviews prove it. The film proves it. To me anyway. He said it himself that the suit and post production does all the work as Batman. And I disagree. There's a transformation that's supposed to take place. Keaton knew it. Bale knew it. Affleck plays it like Wayne throwing on a costume. The problem is the robotic voice modulator. Which should have only been used in the mecha suit. It makes Ben rely on the filmmakers completely. It means that on set he's just speaking normally as Bruce/Ben in the suit just like Kilmer or Clooney. I'm not too keen on the robot voice even though it's better than hearing Ben speak like himself. My point is that Affleck doesn't switch characters when he's batman. You don't see it in the eyes. At least not in this movie.

He could become the greatest but for now he's third place for me.

I expect Affleck to nail it in his own film but in here him, Terrio and Snyder's version of the character was a mixed bag at best. I didn't mind that they wanted to add some serious shades of grey to the character, but they failed to do it in an interesting way. A self proclaimed born hunter who unnecessarily tortures people is hardly the right approach if you ask me but others might feel differently I guess.£

Master Virgo wrote:I expect Affleck to nail it in his own film but in here him, Terrio and Snyder's version of the character was a mixed bag at best. I didn't mind that they wanted to add some serious shades of grey to the character, but they failed to do it in an interesting way. A self proclaimed born hunter who unnecessarily tortures people is hardly the right approach if you ask me but others might feel differently I guess.£
To me the problem wouldn't be shades of grey... if there was any grey. He was a straight up villian in this film. A completely illogical killer. "If there's even 1% chance..." really? That's something that islamophobic people say. Furthermore, Superman is dangerous... but Aquaman and Wonder Woman are somehow alright? The brightest thing about him was the end. When he learns their mothers have the same name, he stops being racist. That's literally the most "heroic" thing about him here - he stops being racist because their mothers have the same name. "Congratulations, Bruce"

To me the best Batmen are still:
1) Bale
2) West
3) Keaton
4) Kilmer
5) Clooney
6) Affleck

When it comes to just the actors performances, I'd say:
Bale > Keaton > West > Affleck > Clooney > Kilmer

Agreed. Batman's a psychopathic murderer in this.

Bacon wrote:Agreed. Batman's a psychopathic murderer in this.
As he should be.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
Bacon wrote:Agreed. Batman's a psychopathic murderer in this.
As he should be.
Oh, is that so?