Page 317 of 389

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED

Posted: June 2nd, 2016, 9:03 pm
by CoolwhipSpecial
Bacon wrote:That music fits DC and Justice League better than anything in the actual score, I think I would say.
The score was amazing.

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED

Posted: June 2nd, 2016, 11:12 pm
by Havoc1st
The trailer music:


Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED

Posted: June 3rd, 2016, 3:22 am
by didich
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:If you shave off 30 minutes of a film that was scripted/planned to be 3 hours long, the pacing will suffer. This cut will fix most of that.

Those who hated the movie for different reasons, WILL STILL DISLIKE THE FILM.
Not necessarily though. DOFP was written with the Rogue subplot, yet many agree the theatrical version is the superior one in part because that was cut.

Also, if the script was overstuffed from the very beginning, restoring everything won't help. I'd say the contrary. A more restrictive cut would have done a better job.

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED

Posted: June 3rd, 2016, 4:30 am
by antovolk
didich wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:If you shave off 30 minutes of a film that was scripted/planned to be 3 hours long, the pacing will suffer. This cut will fix most of that.

Those who hated the movie for different reasons, WILL STILL DISLIKE THE FILM.
Not necessarily though. DOFP was written with the Rogue subplot, yet many agree the theatrical version is the superior one in part because that was cut.

Also, if the script was overstuffed from the very beginning, restoring everything won't help. I'd say the contrary. A more restrictive cut would have done a better job.
Granted, in DOFP's case though, like I mention earlier, Singer's approach to it was different - he literally shoehorned the Rogue stuff and a couple other deleted scenes into the existing theatrical cut after the release.

And even then it's not as drastic a plan -> reality change as with this. Singer planned & intended for DOFP to be 2:30 at most I reckon.

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED

Posted: June 3rd, 2016, 6:56 am
by Dobson
I hope the UC will be comparable to the director's cut of Daredevil (2003). The theatrical cut was atrocious, but the DC added half an hour of story, some extended scenes and a totally new storyline, and made the movie actually decent imho.

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED

Posted: June 3rd, 2016, 6:59 am
by Nomis
antovolk wrote:
didich wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:If you shave off 30 minutes of a film that was scripted/planned to be 3 hours long, the pacing will suffer. This cut will fix most of that.

Those who hated the movie for different reasons, WILL STILL DISLIKE THE FILM.
Not necessarily though. DOFP was written with the Rogue subplot, yet many agree the theatrical version is the superior one in part because that was cut.

Also, if the script was overstuffed from the very beginning, restoring everything won't help. I'd say the contrary. A more restrictive cut would have done a better job.
Granted, in DOFP's case though, like I mention earlier, Singer's approach to it was different - he literally shoehorned the Rogue stuff and a couple other deleted scenes into the existing theatrical cut after the release.

And even then it's not as drastic a plan -> reality change as with this. Singer planned & intended for DOFP to be 2:30 at most I reckon.
I thought the Rogue Cut was better than the theatrical. It had more character moments and even gave the new mutants in the future segment a voice. The Rogue Cut flowed well and I think it improved the film.

Zimmer and I think others as well have said that the 3 hour version of this film is the one they love. I think that having all these scenes in it are going to improve the film. Most complaints have been that things didn't make enough sense, well, it certainly looks like most of those scenes in the UC are just about showing that. I think the Africa sequence is the most different and what it looks like will give more insight to Superman's dealings with saving people and all that comes with it.

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED

Posted: June 3rd, 2016, 12:14 pm
by Bacon
Dobson wrote:I hope the UC will be comparable to the director's cut of Daredevil (2003). The theatrical cut was atrocious, but the DC added half an hour of story, some extended scenes and a totally new storyline, and made the movie actually decent imho.
But that director's cut not only added stuff, but it REARRANGED scenes and changed events entirely. This makes it completely different from the theatrical version, and from the looks of it, the UC of BvS won't do that to the theatrical of BvS.

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED

Posted: June 3rd, 2016, 12:16 pm
by LelekPL
I used to hope that the UC would give Batman's character some sense. His motivation to flat out kill Superman from the start of the film would be explained. But I doubt they'll fix that big of a gap in development. I guess he's just meant to be xenophobic and he's still my biggest problem with the film.

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED

Posted: June 3rd, 2016, 12:17 pm
by antovolk
Bacon wrote:
Dobson wrote:I hope the UC will be comparable to the director's cut of Daredevil (2003). The theatrical cut was atrocious, but the DC added half an hour of story, some extended scenes and a totally new storyline, and made the movie actually decent imho.
But that director's cut not only added stuff, but it REARRANGED scenes and changed events entirely. This makes it completely different from the theatrical version, and from the looks of it, the UC of BvS won't do that to the theatrical of BvS.
we could get rearranged scenes here - there was word ages ago before release that the film is an "editing nightmare" with scenes being rearranged, Brenner even said that in the script for instance Luthor came in way later on.

If there are any rearrangements that were done in the cutting down process from the 3 hour cut to 2:30, they'll be undone here.

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED

Posted: June 3rd, 2016, 12:18 pm
by Bacon
LelekPL wrote:I used to hope that the UC would give Batman's character some sense. His motivation to flat out kill Superman from the start of the film would be explained. But I doubt they'll fix that big of a gap in development. I guess he's just meant to be xenophobic and he's still my biggest problem with the film.
I agree with this. Ben Affleck played the best worst portrayal of Batman on screen.

And @ant: Okay then. That may be good.