Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This looks so much better than the theatrical cut.

it's obvious the focus of the trailer is on the new footage but it says a lot I think about the extent of changes?

Anyway that was kick-ass.

Looks the same, it's just more of it.

Larry Fong ‏@larryfong
Those of you who are fans, will dig it. If you hated it, you'll still hate it.

didich wrote:Looks the same, it's just more of it.

is this a PS4 exclusive or?

Panapaok wrote:
Well duh, it won't change the tone/characterisation to more mass appeal alternatives, it will probably improve on the existing characterisation choices, and probably more importantly on the editing and pacing (inb4 someone says "but it's 3 hours so pacing is shit anyway") and fleshing out the storylines that were hacked down in the theatrical cut.

antovolk wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
Well duh, it won't change the tone/characterisation to more mass appeal alternatives, it will probably improve on the existing characterisation choices, and probably more importantly on the editing and pacing (inb4 someone says "but it's 3 hours so pacing is shit anyway") and fleshing out the storylines that were hacked down in the theatrical cut.
I love that, when anyone has a criticism to make about this movie, no matter how small or trivial, words like "exotic", "mass-appeal", "unorthodox" or, god help me, "revolutionary" are thrown around gratuitously, like there's some kind of manual that tells saying that will somehow make the movie, you know, actually better. As if our little, sheep-like minds weren't able to comprehend how incredible this movie was under the surface.

I don't think anyone here wants Star Wars. We'd be perfectly content with a movie that takes itself completely seriously and maintains a somber atmosphere, provided we're given a smart, well-constructed script, compelling characterization and themes that can be interesting without eclipsing the rest of the movie (and I'd argue BvS does the reverse, putting questions that have been asked way too many times without bothering to make anything new about them, at the expense of plot and characters) in exchange.

And why can't we say that a 3-hour movie's pacing is potentially shitty? I mean more footage doesn't mean a better movie, at least not automatically. What I see in this trailer is similar problems in plot and characterization, only now there are more scenes covering the same ground. Yes, the Africa subplot seems like it's been given back context, but why? It's the exact, same, "must there be a Superman" question the theatrical cut proposes, it's the same "you won't always save everyone" theme the Metropolis Brawl asks. A theme that, at least in the theatrical movie, left ultimately barebones by the time the credits roll.

If you make a 3-hour movie, then make a story that, while told in three hours, shows that you know what you're writing about. Don't make 3 hours worth of independent vignettes, that in terms of pacing and story barely have anything to do with each other (and aren't complimentary to a bigger story either), slap them together and call it a movie.

And with this rant I'm not telling you to hate the movie. I'm not telling you to call it a bad one, if you don't think so. But don't act as if all our criticisms are superflous. Many users, I'd argue all of them smarter than myself, have articulated clear and substantial concerns about the movie in ways better than I could (much less in a rants like this one). Their views are as valid, as real, as yours.