Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Record breaking first day across the globe and more than solid 28 mil. Thursday. It will easily beat MoS but the legs will decide how strong: 900-950-1 billion... 300+ first weekend.

Godlike review (for those who can understand) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Michael Shannon on who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman:
I’m so utterly unconcerned with the outcome of that fight. So profoundly, utterly unconcerned. I can’t even come up with a fake answer. I guess I have to root for Superman because he killed me, so I would hope that he would continue his killing spree and become like a serial killer Superman. That’s a new take on Superman. We’d all be in a heap of trouble if Superman was a serial killer. He could just wipe us all out. But then he’d be lonely.
http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/batman-s ... -win.html#

I really loved the first 10-15 minutes... then it became the biggest clusterfuck of all time.

Snyder is Snyder. I knew what to expect. The stinker here is this AWFUL script. It's so fucking terribly paced, badly written and it has vomit-inducing storytelling. The title fight is spectacular and awesome, but the reasons behind it are fucking dumb and the ending of it is even worse.

Eisenberg was awful (not sure if he or Terrio is more to blame), Wonder Woman has no reason to be in this movie (she's pretty badass though and her theme is greeeeat) and all the JL tease is completely out of place.

-Superman is basically a villain in this film, there's absolutely not reason to have any investment in him, he may be one of the least likeable protagonists of all time.
So the last ten minutes fell completely flat
-Dream sequences...yeah...

-That being said, Affleck was pretty great, I loved his Bruce Wayne and most of his Batman. There's definitely potential for a standalone film. The
Martha rescue
scene was by far my favorite scene of the film with the beginning.

-Oh and the trailers have shown the entire film. Fuck the marketing team

2/5

Now Where Was I ? wrote:I really loved the first 10-15 minutes... then it became the biggest clusterfuck of all time.

Snyder is Snyder. I knew what to expect. The stinker here is this AWFUL script. It's so fucking terribly paced, badly written and it has vomit-inducing storytelling. The title fight is spectacular and awesome, but the reasons behind it are fucking dumb and the ending of it is even worse.

Eisenberg was awful (not sure if he or Terrio is more to blame), Wonder Woman has no reason to be in this movie (she's pretty badass though and her theme is greeeeat) and all the JL tease is completely out of place.

-Superman is basically a villain in this film, there's absolutely not reason to have any investment in him, he may be one of the least likeable protagonists of all time.
So the last ten minutes fell completely flat
-Dream sequences...yeah...

-That being said, Affleck was pretty great, I loved his Bruce Wayne and most of his Batman. There's definitely potential for a standalone film. The
Martha rescue
scene was by far my favorite scene of the film with the beginning.

-Oh and the trailers have shown the entire film. Fuck the marketing team

2/5
Is it better than the prequels?

Forum Pro
Law
I can't get over how laughably bad Eisenberg was in this.

His last scene
when he was in the prison cell and pressing his face between the bars, humming whatever the fuck he was humming, I seriously almost got up and walked out

Law wrote:I can't get over how laughably bad Eisenberg was in this.

His last scene
when he was in the prison cell and pressing his face between the bars, humming whatever the fuck he was humming, I seriously almost got up and walked out
It's on purpose.

Wow they really did show most of the movie in the trailers :roll:

The best comparison with this is really The Amazing Spider-Man 2

A movie so eager to set up future instalments it completely forgets to have a coherent storyline and just have random shit happening with really thin narrative link between them.