Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote: Blair, NolanFans, in your opinion, what are the chances SS is a fresh rated movie?

I feel slightly depressed just thinking about this movie. It's hard to defend it because there's plenty of arguments against it, but there's also stuff to like/love about it... and then there's plenty in the middle where you can just go okay, alright, I don't mind that.

Personally, I had a blast on my first viewing, second time was a lesser experience merely because the audience was too loud, mostly children, in a small local theater. So now I'm nervously waiting on those Monday numbers and my next viewing will be tomorrow and then whenever The Ultimate Cut arrives.

And I'm sure Civil War will be great, especially since everyone will compare it with BvS.
I think SS will be geniuniely great. From what we've seen, it looks like a smaller, more focused story. My problem with BVS is the editing. Story-wise, I think this would have worked better as a TV Series/Miniseries, if only because there's too much going on. Who knows, perhaps the Ultimate Cut is what Snyder truly intended and we get to see the movie at its strongest.

RIFA wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:So I was thinking about Eisenberg's Lex and while I don't hate it, it feels like Eisenberg auditioned for The Riddler, and the Casting people were like "that's great, but there's no Riddler in this, but you can be Lex."
With all versions of Lex we don't get a back story, but I would love one for this version.
Isn't he actually Lex's son? So he's not really Lex Luthor.
No. he is Alexander Luthor - his father Lionel Luthor died.

I personally share didich's sentiment. I do think Suicide Squad will be, at the very least, a more consistent film in terms of storytelling. Ayer does have his own unique style that is rather appropriate for a superhero movie. I also do believe that Warner Bros. has allowed their filmmakers their own creative freedom (which is the curse that BvS is facing), because Suicide Squad, as far as I can tell, doesn't feel like it's 'paint by the numbers' flick; it looks gutsy and risky, but not in the way that BvS did. As a film, Snyder failed only in creating a decent and consistent singular story, that's it. But that does not mean we should be worried about the future of the DCEU, since Warner Bros. is allowing the creative freedom with the likes of Ayer, Jenkins and Wan. Suicide Squad will show that the DCEU can stretch it's arms and be something more than just a stylistic universe.

There was a woman in Knightmare? Could you be more specific about the part because I've seen the movie twice and have no idea. I'm still praying she's Barb in U.C.

Seems like my eyes were up in the sky both times, damn it.

That was a woman you think. I remember him pulling someone by the arm, but I don't recall being able to tell who. I was curious has to why he did that though.

If in the ultimate cut Snyder adds storyline, but doesn't in part remove all the awful filler from the theatrical cut then it's just gonna be even worse honestly.
prowlercomesaround wrote: I haven't seen the movie yet but I don't understand why people are praising the visuals when apparently a lot of the CGI is flat out terrible. Russ Fischer (playlist) conceived Doomsday "as a mess of CG gunk that could have been copy-pasted from any of a dozen other movies" or something like that. Seeing this tomorrow.
I actually thought the CGI was some of the best I've seen, but moreso the character design on Doomsday was just boring.

Also I just remembered
that workout sequence with all the weights and bodybuilding :lol: that was so goofy
Last edited by elemunt on March 25th, 2016, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

elemunt wrote:If in the ultimate cut Snyder adds storyline, but doesn't in part remove all the awful filler from the theatrical cut then it's just gonna be even worse honestly.
The ultimate cut maybe adds enough to give this "filler" stuff a purpose and makes everything more cohesive.

Panapaok wrote:
Affleck's known for being emotional and being bad at covering his emotions in public appearances so this'll definitely be a bad few days for him. He's so obviously uncomfortable with all of it, it makes me sad.

The S. and Garfunkel edit is still gold tho.