Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
MyCocaine wrote:If they decide to re-release Lawrence of Arabia in 70mm it better not be a 'USA Exclusive'.
Unfortunately it most likely will be US exclusive.

The costs are too high for them to release this anywhere outside US and MAYBE UK.

Although, I wish one day they would start to release classics worldwide in regular theaters. It would still be a blast to see Blade Runner on the big screen.

:| over not getting the IMAX trailer in front of my TFA showing.

I mean it has native footage with expanded aspect ratio dammit!!!!!!

(sorry lol)

antovolk wrote::| over not getting the IMAX trailer in front of my TFA showing.

(sorry lol)
I feel your pain.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
antovolk wrote::| over not getting the IMAX trailer in front of my TFA showing.

(sorry lol)
I feel your pain.
Sarcasm? I know it's a very weird and nerdy thing to some which is why I'm asking.

The only other time we had a native footage trailer like that was that Interstellar IMAX museum trailer..... (and the IMAX premiere event version of the BvS teaser)

Would've loved to see it on the big screen - the laser 3D was amazing for TFA and would've been great to see the trailer the same way and with the expanded IMAX footage. Instead, I get ST Beyond, Creed, In The Heart Of the Sea in regular 2D and Deadpool green band in IMAX 2D.....ehh.
Last edited by antovolk on December 20th, 2015, 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nope, not sarcasm. It truly does suck.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Nope, not sarcasm. It truly does suck.
Appreciate the understanding.

I'll try sort something out tomorrow when I go get that limited edition poster they're giving away....I would've asked the projection team after the show tonight but turns out they all left after the film started...

The first TV spot has aired in Germany, and it is without a doubt the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Because I am that much of an IMAX fanboy, at the risk of coming off a bit like Tarantino, decided to email the guys at the theatre about it. who the hell knows, I've been meaning to go for TFA round 2 in 70mm but maybe I'll go see TFA in laser 3D again just for that trailer. Science Museum (the 70mm venue) don't have a digital IMAX proj, and BFI is a total cop out as they're showing it off their liemax 2K projector so the TFA IMAX footage won't be full screen.

This isn't as bad as the whole Fury Road footage fiasco which was just complete BS, and I got to see it through other means a week before the film came out but still.

Update on the BvS trailer situation - they didn't receive the trailer hence why they didn't show it. Seems like they just didn't get the drive with the IMAX trailers meant to run with TFA - which'd also explain absence of Civil War, Independence Day and so on too.

Also - tickets seem to have gone on sale in Germany yesterday.

I've now seen the new trailer two times in front of TFA and both times the audience reaction has been REALLY awkward. People were laughing and basically facepalming outloud during and after the trailer. :roll:

Interested to see how this movie will be received both critically and in box office.