Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Give me a 4/10 on your thing Virgo.

Went to see it last night. I need to see it again as there was a lot going on in that movie but I loved it and I can safely say for now it's my favorite superhero film since Rises. I'll put my quick thoughts in spoilers.
- As everyone else has said, Affleck was a PHENOMENAL Batman, but I actually don't want to give him all the credit. Say what you will about Snyder but I think the way in which he directed and visualized this incarnation of Batman and Gotham was just as instrumental as Affleck's performance.

- I was one of the few people who truly adored Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. I completely understand how some might despise his performance, but I found it to be very entertaining and a unique spin on the character. I also think his performance offered as a nice break from the tonal "sameness" of the movie providing a little levity here and there.

- Henry Cavill has certainly improved since MoS, and I think he benefited here with more to do, but I do think that Affleck's presence really outshines him here. Hopefully we'll see some continued growth out of Cavill as it could become problematic once Justice League rolls around.

- Gal Gadot was very impressive in her action sequences, and I'm excited to see more of her although I didn't feel she stole the movie as many have said.

- There wasn't much here I didn't like but... The editing was horrendous and I found the JL teases to be quite lazily integrated into the film.
Initial rating for me is an 8.8/10

7/10

Why does everyone keep saying they hated the way their fight ended? I honesty wanna know, how would you have it ended anyway?
I fuckin loved the Martha element. That was fucking genius, imo.

JayCificity wrote:
This x 1000

JayCificity wrote:Why does everyone keep saying they hated the way their fight ended? I honesty wanna know, how would you have it ended anyway?
Because it's stupid.
Batman puts behind his entire philosophy and the force that drives his character throughout the movie because his mom happens to have the same name as Superman's? And then they're suddenly "friends" to boot? It's just one degree less retarded and laughable than if Superman would have whispered "I love pizza." and then Batman goes "What!? You love pizza?! Me too! Can we be best friends!!!???" It's an utterly ridiculous segue into their partnership.

Crazy Eight wrote:
JayCificity wrote:Why does everyone keep saying they hated the way their fight ended? I honesty wanna know, how would you have it ended anyway?
Because it's stupid.
Batman puts behind his entire philosophy and the force that drives his character throughout the movie because his mom happens to have the same name as Superman's? And then they're suddenly "friends" to boot? It's just one degree less retarded and laughable than if Superman would have whispered "I love pizza." and then Batman goes "What!? You love pizza?! Me too! Can we be best friends!!!???" It's an utterly ridiculous segue into their partnership.
:lol:

Can we get a Jor-El Krypton spin-off now?

Crazy Eight wrote:
Because it's stupid.

Jesus, dude! Really? That's your conclusion?
Did you not see the look on Batfleck's face? It ain't just the name! That was when shit hit the fan for batman. The entire foundation , the sole fucking reason for the the existence of Batman was that he didn't want Marthas to die because of some fucked up psychopath's wet dream of meeting means to their ends. That was when it hit the Bats that he's the Joe fuckin Chill of Clark Kent. So, he saw this as a way of redemption and his chance to save a Martha, or maybe something any ordinary person who has seen their parents killed right in front of their own little eyes would dream of, being powerful enough to save them. Which is why he made sure he's the one to do it instead of Supes himself.

Am I reading too much into this? Fuck no! And honestly, if you fight me on this, I honestly don't wanna. So let me enjoy my movie and you go back to your movies where you see connecting dots about who's someone who or some shit as your little fun-activity. I'm out.

I'm yet to see the film but I rather watch a giant mess with heart behind it than a formulaic Marvel flick.

JayCificity wrote:Jesus, dude! Really? That's your conclusion?
Did you not see the look on Batfleck's face? It ain't just the name! That was when shit hit the fan for batman. The entire foundation , the sole fucking reason for the the existence of Batman was that he didn't want Marthas to die because of some fucked up psychopath's wet dream of meeting means to their ends. That was when it hit the Bats that he's the Joe fuckin Chill of Clark Kent. So, he saw this as a way of redemption and his chance to save a Martha, or maybe something any ordinary person who has seen their parents killed right in front of their own little eyes would dream of, being powerful enough to save them. Which is why he made sure he's the one to do it instead of Supes himself.

Am I reading too much into this? Fuck no! And honestly, if you fight me on this, I honestly don't wanna. So let me enjoy my movie and you go back to your movies where you see connecting dots about who's someone who or some shit as your little fun-activity. I'm out.
Bruce not wanting to "kill a Martha" is random and baffling. It'd be a different story if him hearing that was just something that gave him enough pause to hear reason from Superman, but it wasn't; it was just left at "dude my mom's name was Martha and she died so now all my ideological reasons for hating you are gone". It's just a sloppy, pseudo-Freudian narrative device that's implemented in a shockingly poor way.