Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The UC isn't anymore coherent than the theatrical. Lex's plan is still holy shit retarded and the Africa thing is still totally useless and everything motivating Superman is still utterly baffling and the fight tactics in the final battle are mind bogglingly dumb. The only thing the UC smooths out is some of Hunter's storyline, and it helps the editing a fair bit, but at the unfortunate cost of making the experience even longer.

Crazy Eight wrote:The UC isn't anymore coherent than the theatrical. Lex's plan is still holy shit retarded and the Africa thing is still totally useless and everything motivating Superman is still utterly baffling and the fight tactics in the final battle are mind bogglingly dumb. The only thing the UC smooths out is some of Hunter's storyline, and it helps the editing a fair bit, but at the unfortunate cost of making the experience even longer.
That sounds better than Batman Begins

IMO this is the worst Batman film of all-time. Live-action at least. And I'm not a passionate hater of this film. It's just that I don't hate the Schumacher films as much as most. I actually find them quite entertaining at moments (I love Arnold in this role and I like Carrey as well) and, as parodies go, they actually understand the character of Batman better than BvS.

I think that as Batman movies go, this would be my ranking:
1) TDK 10/10
2) TDKR 9/10
3) BB 9/10
4) B'89 8/10
5) B'66 7/10
6) BR 6/10
7) B&R 5/10
8) BF 5/10
9) BvS 4/10 (my score went down after watching the ultimate cut, it was a chore to get through)

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
There are different people in this world with varied opinions, who would've thought. Putting one over the other on a scale instead or judging for yourself is pretty cool.

As for Batman & Robin being higher than this in any sort of known reality... well, that's your problem not mine.

m4st4 wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
There are different people in this world with varied opinions, who would've thought. Putting one over the other on a scale instead or judging for yourself is pretty cool.

As for Batman & Robin being higher than this in any sort of known reality... well, that's your problem not mine.
ChristNolan wrote:Explain why beyond "its my opinion" or whatever.

yawn.

Who cares what he prefers? He did not even say it's a better piece of filmmaking.

'Explain yourself'... to whom and why? How about, for once, I wake up to three pages of respecting ones opinion while providing yours and leave it at that, instead of known warm feelings of repetiteveness I'm feeling right now? I don't see you guys this flamed up in other threads, you're not even trying any more.

There's nothing wrong with someone requesting for you to explain your opinion. It'd be different if you explained yourself and then they got mad. You can't hide behind "that's just my opinion and people have different opinions."

movie is entertaining

i mean the internet fights caused by the movie are entertaining

Bacon wrote:There's nothing wrong with someone requesting for you to explain your opinion. It'd be different if you explained yourself and then they got mad. You can't hide behind "that's just my opinion and people have different opinions."
I can and I just did. I have a history with writing essays around here and being shot down because of it so why should I waste my time? Cause that's what this site is all about: word economy, right? 'Explain yourself', 'Ridiculous', 'Dumb'. Somehow, every time, the entirety of who you are as a film lover, centers around a single entry. I'm not putting myself up on that table for judging folks, I'm just telling you the reality of how things go in my world. Whether you accept it and provide yours, or not, that's your thing.