Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

$27.7 million Thursday night.

Saw it last night in imax 70mm. I really enjoyed it. I loved it even, though it wasn't the comic book-masterpiece I hoped it would be. It's definitely too many stories and arcs for one movie. The movie is really in the style of a comic book, the poor plot set-ups and the rhythm of the movie. I liked the unique moody style, it surprised me similar to the way Inherent Vice surprised me.

ABSOLUTE Unnecessary parts:
The desert sequence and The Flash scene should definitely have been cut from the movie.

Batman killing really pissed me off. Because it wasn't subtle. He kills about 3 or 4 people. That didn't need to happen.

I liked the BvS fight though it was more Batman sided. And it didn't really make a moment where I would've thought Superman actually wanted to fight Batman. Was great though.
Wonder Woman was really great. Glad I didn't get disappointed.

Thoughts on Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor: Loved the ambition of his performance. He was more 'mish-mash of every Batman villain' than 'powerful bussiness man'

Question on Lex
Was there a moment in the movie when he found out Clark was Superman? or did he just know all along like he does with the JL. The who knows who's secret identity in this movie was really confusing.

Don Juan facial hair though... unnecessary.

Like I said last night - no doubt the first hour will now be perfection in the extended cut....and hopefully the second half will be more fluently put together too. Problem is - I am worried that in all likelihood it won't fix up the things that hit the brakes on the film just before the titular fight goes down and has a knock-on effect on the rest of it until the epilogue.

Epic plot twist - Armond White liked it....? http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ets-mythic

He looked something like this:
I don't believe for a second that the ultimate cut will fix editing issues cause they're prevalent all the way until third act and you cannot just insert new scene and somehow make it flow better. What you're getting is more characters, world building and maybe some more plot fleshing out. I will gladly buy that version, Watchmen: DC and Sucker Punch: DC are my preferred edits so I'll probably watch BvS: UC instead of theatrical as well.

In all honesty, my biggest gripe isn't editing but JL tease. Trinity was enough.

Saw it yesterday, was really diggin' the first half or most of the first 2 acts, but then the 3rd act happened, and I left the theater with a bitter taste in my mouth. I ended up just thinking it was good overall, but i can see it getting better and better the more I watch it, can't wait for the ultimate cut though, think it'll be much better than the one we got.
7/10

Ben Affleck is the best part of the movie, and the fight scenes were amazing (well most of them).

I just looked through and watched a bunch of reviews and this one hits the nail on the head matching what I thought about it

If Transformers: Age of Exstinkition could make over a billion, this can.