Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
This may have been Razzie'd up the wazoo, but Suicide Squad got an Oscar nom, so it evens out in the end.

granted the makeup/styling, and just overall visual design of characters was probably the best thing about SS

not sure if that warranted an Oscar nom but whatever

akv1984 wrote:Sounds logical to me.
We're talking about the razzies tho.

Hardly anything logical about it. They just pick the most controversial films of the year and then drop a bunch of bombs on them.

They're not actually taking a look at the really bad films of the year.

i just realized that with the server being down yesterday, for the first time in years i experienced a 24 hour period without being subjected to people talking about this fucking movie

would've been hilarious if batfleck was called murderman

Master Virgo wrote:It's a bit for the sake of publicity, since there were many other blockbusters that were received more poorly than BvS. Huntsman, Ben-Hur, Assassin or Warcraft. They just wanted the biggest fish. Not that I think very highly of this film, but one of the worst films of the year, it most certainly wasn't.£
Yeah IMO it's pretty ridiculous that they choose this over everything you mentioned, plus fucking Suicide Squad.

Today is a one year anniversary of the excellent Ultimate (aka: original) Cut of this movie:

We still feel the tremors.

This topic is dead, and I didn't participate in it, so I'll say it anyway: BvS could've been the best superhero movie of 2016. In fact, I say it would be easier to do than you think. Unfortunately, it wasn't. I honestly got an anxiety attack when I was in theater, when the whole Doomsday part started. I started panicking and was having hyperventilation problems. Rarely a movie can do that for me. So many weird editing choices. The Knightmare, the JL setup, the WW photograph plotline. I thought we were watching Batman vs. Superman, not plotlines vs. plotlines.

Batman's Batman wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 10:18 am
This topic is dead, and I didn't participate in it, so I'll say it anyway: BvS could've been the best superhero movie of 2016. In fact, I say it would be easier to do than you think. Unfortunately, it wasn't. I honestly got an anxiety attack when I was in theater, when the whole Doomsday part started. I started panicking and was having hyperventilation problems. Rarely a movie can do that for me. So many weird editing choices. The Knightmare, the JL setup, the WW photograph plotline. I thought we were watching Batman vs. Superman, not plotlines vs. plotlines.
I know you said you're late on this, but yeah, that's actually a decent summary of this film.

After my first viewing of this, I remember feeling like we just went through about 5 films worth of content in 2 hours, which made me wonder what exactly was left to tackle, other than just seeing all the JL characters standing side by side.

Well, we got that, so like, what now?