Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChristNolan wrote:This laugher doesn't deserve any of this discussion. Please go do something more worthwhile with your time.

Chrolan wrote:It's all killing. His rule for three movies is "no killing." He kills. Batman from the comics supposedly isn't "supposed" to kill. End of story.

Again -- this movie acknowledges that this Batman is wrong. Multiple times by multiple characters including Bruce Wayne himself. I agree that he's fucked up morally.
It's not just the immorality. It is also his idiocy. Should anyone who's a possible threat be killed? I mean what kind of a fucking argument is that. Is it right to destroys every government with nuclear power because of them being possible threats to mankind. I mean except they don't routinely save thousands of people's lives and are not capable of solving many of the important global problems in the world that men can't as much as touch. What would happen if another army like Zod's arrive? How can he speculate that they are perfectly safe without Superman after all the world has seen?

Same goes with Superman in the film. What does he possibly think he's going to accomplish by killing Batman? Is he too blind to see that there is no reason for Luthor to release his leash as long as he's obeying his commands? One is at parts left to wonder why they should root and care for these big dumbass brutes in whatever upcoming adventures to begin with.‎£

man

what ever happened to HollywoodRape?

Cilogy wrote:man

duuuuuuuuuuuuude.

Master Virgo wrote:
Chrolan wrote:It's all killing. His rule for three movies is "no killing." He kills. Batman from the comics supposedly isn't "supposed" to kill. End of story.

Again -- this movie acknowledges that this Batman is wrong. Multiple times by multiple characters including Bruce Wayne himself. I agree that he's fucked up morally.
It's not just the immorality. It is also his idiocy. Should anyone who's a possible threat be killed? I mean what kind of a fucking argument is that. Is it right to destroys every government with nuclear power because of them being possible threats to mankind. I mean except they don't routinely save thousands of people's lives and are not capable of solving many of the important global problems in the world that men can't as much as touch. What would happen if another army like Zod's arrive? How can he speculate that they are perfectly safe without Superman after all the world has seen?

Same goes with Superman in the film. What does he possibly think he's going to accomplish by killing Batman? Is he too blind to see that there is no reason for Luthor to release his leash as long as he's obeying his commands? One is at parts left to wonder why they should root and care for these big dumbass brutes in whatever upcoming adventures to begin with.‎£
On the first point - ask George W Bush or better yet Dick Cheney, whose "1% doctrine" is paraphrased by Wayne himself. Not saying it's a *good* thing for Bruce to beleive that, of course it isn't, but that line of thinking is meant to serve as an allegory.

And all through the fight Supes' objective is to get Bruce to stop to get him to listen, not kill him. Yes, he *contemplates* it as an alternative, but that doesn't mean that's what his aim was.

EDIT: I'm not trying to justify Batman's actions and attitudes in the film - of course they're wrong, the film acknowledges that as such - I'm trying to justify the film choosing to portray Batman in this way.

antovolk wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:

On the first point - ask George W Bush or better yet Dick Cheney, whose "1% doctrine" is paraphrased by Wayne himself. Not saying it's a *good* thing for Bruce to beleive that, of course it isn't, but that line of thinking is meant to serve as an allegory.

And all through the fight Supes' objective is to get Bruce to stop to get him to listen, not kill him. Yes, he *contemplates* it as an alternative, but that doesn't mean that's what his aim was.

EDIT: I'm not trying to justify Batman's actions and attitudes in the film - of course they're wrong, the film acknowledges that as such - I'm trying to justify the film choosing to portray Batman in this way.
Yep. The Cheney Doctrine is preposterous, but it didn't come out of nowhere. The American public supported the entry to Afghanistan, the entry to Iraq, and preemptive strikes because of an endlessly escalating cycle of paranoia built on violence built on fear built on a lack of basic communication between human beings of different worlds. Batman's life here is portrayed as a series of traumatic events interspersed in a never ending one-man war only a crazy person would start in the first place. It's not hard for me to see how the level of (personal) devastation of Metropolis would push an already broken, irrational man who answers to no one down a darker, even more irrational path, because guess what, that shit has already happened with entire countries led by elected officials.

The entire decision to align Batman with that state of America was done to soundly reject it, and they do exactly that. It's shame the movie itself is such a mess and some key moments are handled poorly, because it's riveting to see these billion dollar icons used in this manner.

antovolk wrote:And all through the fight Supes' objective is to get Bruce to stop to get him to listen, not kill him. Yes, he *contemplates* it as an alternative, but that doesn't mean that's what his aim was.
The fact that he even contemplates it is the biggest most despicable act of heresy a superhero film director has ever committed and by far the lowest point of the entire film and that's coming from someone who's perfectly fine with all the mass destruction and Zod's snapped neck in Man of Steel. Because intention is what counts not the consequences that you can't control. And as I said not just because of moral aspects but also because of senselessness and absurdity of the idea. I mean how exactly was Batman supposed to help Superman in his mind?

Snyder deserves a lot of credit for both BvS and MoS. I find BvS in particular to be an unforgettable film (although overall MoS is the better of the two) as opposed to all the insignificant products the genre has been the subject of over the years and memorability is what I consider to be the most important element in determining how much the film is worth. But if they wanted to round up the smartest superhero movies list, Snyder's film wouldn't have found a place anywhere near the top titles.£

Remember all those crazy non-threads we did? Imagine if we were doing that on youtube, cuz it seems that's what Hollywoodrape's "enemies" have been doing after the TDKR thing settled.

Forum Pro
Law

Wow throw back. Speaking of throwbacks, remember Red Hood?

I really don't mind the Batman indirectly killing thugs or plotting to take out Superman. He's obviously weathered at this point in his life. What really annoyed me was Lex knowing the identities of Bruce/Bats and Clark/Sups.