Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It won't fix it but it might make it feel smoother with better editing and some more development for Clark going after Batman. Maybe some better action than the stupid batmobile chase. That's about it really. Maybe some more insight into Batmans turn.

Bacon wrote:]People are acting like this is going to change everyone's opinion on it
Bacon wrote:Why are some people expecting this to fix everything then?
Bacon wrote:
Dobson wrote:Nobody expected it to fix everything.
Tell that to the people reacting like it will.
What percentage of people are expecting this to fix everything and how many of those people are here?

I'm seeing conversations all over Twitter of people saying that this contains extra "crucial" elements that'll fix the issues of the original and make it a Kingdom of Heaven-esque Directors Cut that'll change the entire feature's quality.

Bacon wrote:I'm seeing conversations all over Twitter of people saying that this contains extra "crucial" elements that'll fix the issues of the original and make it a Kingdom of Heaven-esque Directors Cut that'll change the entire feature's quality.
So, being honest with yourself, there are maybe 20 people you don't know who think this will "fix everything." And none of them are here.

Bacon wrote:I'm seeing conversations all over Twitter of people saying that this contains extra "crucial" elements that'll fix the issues of the original and make it a Kingdom of Heaven-esque Directors Cut that'll change the entire feature's quality.
guess YMMV with that claim because here's the thing - no matter how much other stuff they fix up, especially on the craft side, like you pointed out, you still have Snyder's divisive vision (that's what I was trying to say by 'mass-appeal' in another post - his take on the universe isn't one particularly suited for mass appeal hence all the divisive reactions. it's not an inherently bad approach - and tbh I am completely on board) - that's why Fong says if you hate the theatrical you'll still hate this cut. It's arguable - if mass appeal (including approvals from fans who felt his vision is unsuitable or plain wrong) is the target here - it'd be impossible to get a KoH-style cut.

For me, I think and hope (from all I've read/seen/heard about it) the Ultimate Cut will fix up the issues I personally had with the film so if it does then fantastic.

I don't get how it will help editing-wise. One of the main complaints and criticisms is that the theatrical cut is too much bloated and overstuffed. How in the world 30 more minutes of footage will make anything better? It's fine if the fans want to see more but besides that, I don't see how the movie could benefit.

Panapaok wrote:I don't get how it will help editing-wise. One of the main complaints and criticisms is that the theatrical cut is too much bloated and overstuffed. How in the world 30 more minutes of footage will make anything better? It's fine if the fans want to see more but besides that, I don't see how the movie could benefit.
The over stuffing, I feel, is because there is far too much story wise in there for a 2:30 runtime. 30 more minutes would let the story breathe, and help elements feel far more earned eg
Superman's death - after 2h15 of movie it feels it's come far too quickly. After 2h50 though?
What's important to clarify I feel is that the process behind this cut isn't like, say, what Singer did with DOFP which was take the existing theatrical cut after the release, look at deleted scenes (not chopped off trims of existing scenes) like the whole Rogue thing and then slot it into the middle of the TC. As far as I understand - this cut was presented by Snyder at the first friends and family screenings, and as Brenner describes in interviews, what you get when you just trim the fat like you normally would - indicating this was scripted and material was shot to ultimately be a 3 hour film. Then the decision was made to have the theatrical cut be 2:30 and release the 3 hour one they were working towards initially on home media, at which point they had to dig into the "meat" of the 3 hour cut to cut it down to 2:30, and we get the theatrical. Then after locking that cutdown they returned to that 3 hour workprint and finished refining it as if that was the theatrical release.

As for "bloated" - it's all arguable though - sure Snyder, Terrio et al may have needed 3 hours to tell their story in the best way possible but for a lot of people it seems and the studio 2 and a half hours is already too long.

If you shave off 30 minutes of a film that was scripted/planned to be 3 hours long, the pacing will suffer. This cut will fix most of that.

Those who hated the movie for different reasons, WILL STILL DISLIKE THE FILM.

antovolk wrote:
They used Two Steps From Hell's music. I'm sold.

That music fits DC and Justice League better than anything in the actual score, I think I would say.