Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah, and again tomorrow.
But goddamn that's a whiplash of a pairing. One of the best (well, only like 3 from then are good but still) superhero films of the early 2000's and one of the flat out worst ones.
Last edited by SilverHeart on March 25th, 2016, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's suprisingly lower than I expected. That's just over TDKR, right?

SilverHeart wrote:OMG.
TNT is doing a back to back feature of Batman Begins and Affleck's Daredevil.
I hope it's the Director's Cut of Daredevil. I think it's pretty solid actually.

Daredevil (2003) is pretty good if you watch the Director's Cut. I'll always stand by that.

Meanwhile, 70% of moviegoers said it's either good or excellent. Friday will be huge for a weekend between 160-170. Worldwide March records are up for grab but it's difficult to predict the final international weekend. It's safe to say that critics and general public disagree by a wide margin.

SilverHeart wrote:OMG.
TNT is doing a back to back feature of Batman Begins and Affleck's Daredevil.
That's the best they can do.

The part where Lex completely fucked over
Mercy Graves
was pretty cool. Such a Lex thing to do.

"Divisive" is a stretch of language. The movie's categorically disliked by the educated film community at large, and the general movie buff population varies from "it's awful" to "it's a fun popcorn movie". The only people I'm seeing who actually like it are the pseudo-film fans who think "all things are equal in art" (ie: they can say Man of Steel is better than The Godfather because it's ALL JUST OPINIONS), or the cut of movie fan (most people) who thinks it's just good fun entertainment but wouldn't exactly fight against you on any of its merits as a piece of filmmaking.

I'm genuinely not sure why people think opinions are split outside of the loud splash fanboys are making about critics being oh-so-mean. It's really not anymore split than one of the better Transformers movies, it just happens to be getting more press.

Crazy Eight wrote:"Divisive" is a stretch of language. The movie's categorically disliked by the educated film community at large, and the general movie buff population varies from "it's awful" to "it's a fun popcorn movie". The only people I'm seeing who actually like it are the pseudo-film fans who think "all things are equal in art" (ie: they can say Man of Steel is better than The Godfather because it's ALL JUST OPINIONS), or the cut of movie fan (most people) who thinks it's just good fun entertainment but wouldn't exactly fight against you on any of its merits as a piece of filmmaking.

I'm genuinely not sure why people think opinions are split outside of the loud splash fanboys are making about critics being oh-so-mean. It's really not anymore split than one of the better Transformers movies, it just happens to be getting more press.
Bingo.

This got a B cinemascore. That is bad for a superhero movie/sequel. It's lower than Man of Steel and exactly the same as Green Lantern.