Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
going either today or tomorrow

hoping to enjoy it for what it is, but i do fully expect the apparent lack of heart/character development to bother me

hopefully not too much - i've enjoyed most of Snyder's films and i'm a defender of Man of Steel up until that IQ lowering third act

Funnily enough, the bad reviews actually make me want to see the movie more. Beforehand I didn't give a shit.

Round 2 in 70mm IMAX midnight tonight with several friends (this was originally going to be my first viewing had it not been for last minute premiere tickets at the same location), after rewatching MoS myself.

Honestly looking forward to seeing this again and seeing how I respond now having seen the reviews. I hope my friends enjoy this too. It's definitely a very flawed film (and I would've definitely preferred a more cerebral and less blockbustery storyline - had they done that and removed the JL set up - it would've elevated the film loads) but damn it's a good and imo enjoyable ride and just stunning visually.

And I keep coming back thinking about the first hour or so of the film - it shows so much promise for that more cerebral story - as Roeper put it:
About a half-hour into “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” I was starting to feel this could be one of the best superhero movies of the last 20 years. Alas, we go from spectacular to solid, from great to good.
And it is indeed solid and good with some great isolated moments after that first hour - nothing too much more, nothing too much less.

SilverHeart wrote:Why does everyone keep mentioning Interstellar? Like are you all living in some alternate universe where Interstellar got bad reviews?

Imho, Interstellar's RT score is just too low compared to other movies. Even Iron Man 3 got a higher score and the same average rating. Interstellar's score should be atleast as high as TDKR if critics would even try being objective. I do understand how someone couldn't like the movie in terms of setting or stuff like that, but you have to acknowledge the skill, amount of work and thinking that was put into the movie. It's just such an impressive feat and an movie going experience.

/rant

Dobson wrote:Imho, Interstellar's RT score is just too low compared to other movies. Even Iron Man 3 got a higher score and the same average rating. Interstellar's score should be atleast as high as TDKR if critics would even try being objective. I do understand how someone couldn't like the movie in terms of setting or stuff like that, but you have to acknowledge the skill, amount of work and thinking that was put into the movie. It's just such an impressive feat and an movie going experience.

/rant
a lot of people find the first act too expository and the third act a convoluted mess

these aren't criticisms i agree with... at all, but they're not ridiculous accusations

Dobson wrote:Imho, Interstellar's RT score is just too low compared to other movies. Even Iron Man 3 got a higher score and the same average rating. Interstellar's score should be atleast as high as TDKR if critics would even try being objective. I do understand how someone couldn't like the movie in terms of setting or stuff like that, but you have to acknowledge the skill, amount of work and thinking that was put into the movie. It's just such an impressive feat and an movie going experience.

/rant
Stop comparing the reviews to a fun action/comedy popcorn movie to an ambitious science fiction epic.

It's idiotic.

Zomg Bridesmaids got better than Interstellar!!

myst4ry wrote:
Tesla wrote:How does the score hold up/sound during the film? I have read several disappointing mentions in regards to it.
Film-edit is MUCH better than standalone OST.
Good to hear. Standalone OST is not a great listen but as long as it works in the film that's fine.

I liked the movie. Got my money's worth - Snyder knows how to pander to the fans. :lol:

The crowd at my screening was really into it, cheering a LOT! It was insane, especially during the BvS fight scene, Batman meeting Martha Kent, WW's introduction and the climactic battle.

Overall, I liked the movie, but it did feel like certain scenes had been inserted purely for the sequels and spinoffs, a la Marvel Entertainment.
The vidoes of Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg, the Darkseid references by Lex at the end. Even the badass Knightmare scene felt purposeless. And who was that warning Bruce Wayne about saving Lois Lane and that he was right?

It would have been nice to see Supes do more, it almost felt like all he did was saving Lois over and over. And especially clear the air regarding his actions in front of the public and regain their love and adulation - that would have made his eventual death even more tragic
I think I will go with an 8/10.

That was Flash, probably from alternate timeline where Knightmare was a reality.