Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So this movie is a 2 hour tracking shot? Must be some kind of record for big blockbusters.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:steve never fails to be a vessel of truth
Peace be with you, my son.

So yeah...Batman V Superman looks pretty bad ey?

praise Steebus

Steve is too cool. I'm a drama queen. The sky is blue. 8-)

m4st4 wrote:Steve is too cool. I'm a drama queen. The sky is blue. 8-)
How would you rank Affleck with other portrayals of Bruce Wayne/Batman?

Allstar wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Steve is too cool. I'm a drama queen. The sky is blue. 8-)
How would you rank Affleck with other portrayals of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Up there with Bale but more comic book accurate. His horror-like introduction was stripped from the paper. But I'm one of those who rather appreciate each era, starting from Adam West, for what they are. Minus Kilmer/Clooney. Short comment on editing, what formed this glaring aura of relentless pacing was somewhat clumsy stiching, it created this feeling of, ironically, flipping through pages of a comic book issue. You absorb the scene, flip the page, it's something totally different now. Five or six panels next, again different. When you're watching that sort of scene flow it may seem too fast at moments because at home you're able to pause your time and absorb the scenery, the ink, you can't do that while watching a movie. But the plot was pretty damn obvious, wrapped in a neat thought provoking package, so the pacing never bothered me, especially when they literally Mad Max-ed second and third act into a relentless finale.
Last edited by m4st4 on March 24th, 2016, 2:13 am, edited 5 times in total.

Oh fuck
is it true that
Batman kills? And not just in the dream sequence, this version of Batman is just okay with killing?
Because if so fuck this movie. Like that misses the entire goddamn point.

It's okay. I'm relentless when it comes to that and there's just one scene where he has to choose and he chooses the right thing with zero fucks given. The rest are vague splosions that might've hurt some dudes... a bit more. Happened before, happened in Nolan movies. Dude's punching the fuck out of guys, branding them, grappling, knocking them down unconcious.

hey guys what is going... WHAT THE FUCK

xWhereAmI? wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:if WB still wants an auteur directing their superhero flicks they best be picking Miller
I wonder if Miller would still do it though?
I doubt it. He's stated he wants to do something smaller next, before likely moving on to another Mad Max film. Hopefully that is still the case, because I'd rather see him work on those films than anything in the superhero genre. David Yates would be a solid choice, though.