Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote: Just wanted to comment on cameos, the only one that actually worked for me and gave me shivers:
Future Flash
YES! I lost my mind when I saw this

Allstar, I'm sure WB knew about the divisive factor from the get-go, that's why the lifted the embargo only 24 hours ago and let the general audience speak their mind (actually first came the fanboys). Now if you look at the infamous RT score again and compare it with audience score, comments on social media, dedicated forums and IMDb (usual suspects), you'll notice it's recieving much better reviews. So, right now, WB really only cares about the money. JL train won't stop because of RT score, Snyder will do the job and I'm not worried about that, despite the financial failure of Sucker Punch they hired him for the job to do what he does best: please comic book nerds across the globe. Hopefully many more as well, and again, critics are not that big of a factor for them right now. They will be only in one case, if BvS somehow doesn't hit 1 bil. Then sure, we can talk about script interventions, maybe even slight production stretching to accomodate larger crowd. Seeds of JL have been planted and SS/WW are almost done. After seeing some of these so called metahumans in action I cannot imagine anyone else handling Flash, Aquaman and Co. better than Zack, with so much energy and audio-visual ecstasy. Aside from that, yes there are some pacing issues cause there's so much going on all the time (never too hard to keep track aka pedal faster), but BvS is ambitious, different and daring. Beautiful to look at but with some real substance lurking beneath the comic book surface, especially in the first half. To finish this day, I'd say it's a better adaptation of Watchmen than his actual adaptation of Watchmen, not sure if it was intentional since BvS always seemed like a DKR ripoff - not the case. It's more Kingdom Come.

Cilogy wrote:I will buy a gift for everyone on this forum whose age is greater than the final RT score.
It's at 34% now. :lol:

It's RT score is lower than The Room's right now

Cilogy wrote:Max Landis seems like the appropriate next step.
You joke. But seriously... no

Huge grain of salt here (muh sources and all that) but here you go anyway:
I recently spoke with a source at Warner Bros who took part in a late-night conference call with execs following the initial flood of negative reviews. The call was moderated by exec Steve Spira and included many of the higher-ups at WB. Here's what my source had to say:

"WB execs are shitting their pants. If [Batman V Superman] makes less than a billion, [Zack] Snyder is out and Justice League will be delayed 8 months."

"Chris Nolan is being courted as a producer and George Miller, David Yates, Louis Letterier, and Vincenzo Natali are all being courted to take over Justice League."

"Wonder Woman is undergoing major rewrites. Specifically, WW needs to be reworked as a standalone film incase of a soft reboot. There will be a few weeks added to production. References to the events of BvS are being removed."

"Aquaman, Cyborg, and Green Lantern Corps are all on the chopping block."

"Investors are planning a major takeover if [Batman V Superman] flops and have plans to install a board that will order the universe to be rebooted."
http://www.moovienews.com/20160323-majo ... nd-dc.html

:twothumbsup:

ChristNolan wrote:Huge grain of salt here (muh sources and all that) but here you go anyway:
I recently spoke with a source at Warner Bros who took part in a late-night conference call with execs following the initial flood of negative reviews. The call was moderated by exec Steve Spira and included many of the higher-ups at WB. Here's what my source had to say:

"WB execs are shitting their pants. If [Batman V Superman] makes less than a billion, [Zack] Snyder is out and Justice League will be delayed 8 months."

"Chris Nolan is being courted as a producer and George Miller, David Yates, Louis Letterier, and Vincenzo Natali are all being courted to take over Justice League."

"Wonder Woman is undergoing major rewrites. Specifically, WW needs to be reworked as a standalone film incase of a soft reboot. There will be a few weeks added to production. References to the events of BvS are being removed."

"Aquaman, Cyborg, and Green Lantern Corps are all on the chopping block."

"Investors are planning a major takeover if [Batman V Superman] flops and have plans to install a board that will order the universe to be rebooted."
http://www.moovienews.com/20160323-majo ... nd-dc.html
If this makes less money than Deadpool, I will die laughing.

I mean, I doubt it will.

Forum Pro
Law
This will be a major fan service so I think a billion is very likely.

I don't know what I'd prefer: BvS making more than 1 billion and Snyder directing Justice League, probably making another not-so-well received movie, or the movie making a lot less, Snyder getting fired and Justice League being directed by someone who is more capable than him.