Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RIFA wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
lmao, he gave it a C+ and called it a mess.
lmao this guy never steps out of critics general consensus...

he just said everything everyone else said before him

he does this all the time

it's like he collects every piece of info he can find, then adds his personal attachment to the film, and from there he weighs on the final score
xWhereAmI? wrote:I was wondering if Marvel films get a pass from critics easier than the DC films. Some of the negative reviews mention how they are basically bored of the superhero genre
Yes. And that's why I said earlier that there might be an agenda here.

Marvel movies do get tons of passes. And DC movies are seen by a lot of the critics as "WB trying to pull a Marvel" which is not fair at all. This leads to a lot of backwards thinking. Not only that but right now, BvS is rated lower than MoS and lower than the worst Marvel movies. How is this possible when even the bad reviews mention that this is still better than MoS? And how can this movie be worse than Iron Man 2 or the first Thor?

There is an ongoing DC hate. And it's been like this since WB announced that they are going to build up their own DC Comics film universe before MoS came out.
"Ongoing DC hate" and "it's been happening since they announced they're building up their own DC comics universe" just doesn't add up.

They've released two movies so far in this Universe. And they've both been directed by Zack Snyder. Look, if you liked Man of Steel that's fine, I did too at first. But most people didn't. Why don't you entertain the idea that Zack Snyder just wasn't the right guy for the job of Godfathering the DCCU instead of droning on about this "agenda" critics have against DC?

xWhereAmI? wrote:Something I noticed and posted on a review on YouTube:
I love Marvel films like crazy and own basically all of them, but I feel like when Civil War comes out (which I think looks FANTASTIC) it will get an easier "pass" from critics because they will be seeing something they are used to seeing. Another Marvel episode in their series. DC films seem to get analyzed super hard from critics and fans alike. It seems like people are forgetting these movies from DC are trying to be the same thing Marvel goes for which is to be a Summer Action Popcorn Film. Let's not forget that folks. Something in me just does not understand the reason why the DC films gather reactions like this on a more hardened level than what a Marvel film gets. Well, those are my two cents on the properties and their films.
The difference is, Marvel movies just want to be light entertainment and have a fair amount of jokes in them, while at the same time, MoS and BvS are overly dark and grim, but unlike Nolan's TDK trilogy, haven't anything profound to say. There's just this discrepancy between the stories told (it's Superman!) and their presentation. It's overly serious and wannabe art, while it really isn't.

The Taxman wrote:They've released two movies so far in this Universe. And they've both been directed by Zack Snyder. Look, if you liked Man of Steel that's fine, I did too at first. But most people didn't. Why don't you entertain the idea that Zack Snyder just wasn't the right guy for the job of Godfathering the DCCU instead of droning on about this "agenda" critics have against DC?
Not true really.

IMDb Rating: (7.2/10 from 509,604 voters with 73% giving the score of 7 or more)
RT Audience Score: (76% with 3.9/5 for average score from 440,134)
Metacritic Users: (7.5/10)
Cinemascore: (A-)
Facebook Likes: (3,894,226)

There are myths all over the internet that people despise Rises and Interstellar, nobody gave two damn about Hobbit films and Into Darkness was hated by all. You have to be careful that vocal minorities wouldn't misguide you into coming up with false conclusions.£

Full theater just cheered at the end of this magnificent feast, what a glorious end to this long day. Snyder created something unique and wants you to pedal faster.

Master Virgo wrote:
The Taxman wrote:They've released two movies so far in this Universe. And they've both been directed by Zack Snyder. Look, if you liked Man of Steel that's fine, I did too at first. But most people didn't. Why don't you entertain the idea that Zack Snyder just wasn't the right guy for the job of Godfathering the DCCU instead of droning on about this "agenda" critics have against DC?
Not true really.

IMDb Rating: (7.2/10 from 509,604 voters with 73% giving the score of 7 or more)
RT Audience Score: (76% with 3.9/5 for average score from 440,134)
Metacritic Users: (7.5/10)
Cinemascore: (A-)
Facebook Likes: (3,894,226)

There are myths all over the internet that people despise Rises and Interstellar, nobody gave two damn about Hobbit films and Into Darkness was hated by all. You have to be careful that vocal minority wouldn't misguide you into coming up with false conclusions.£
The ones who hate something voice their opinions way more often than those regular audience members who just like a film. Someone who gets out and goes "That was good" doesn't feel the need to let every single person know daily why it was good. You tend to only see that with the haters and extreme lovers and that is all you kind of see on Social Media when it comes to most comic book films or big studio films. The real general audience will just rate something and move on with one of the rating sites.

m4st4 wrote:Full theater just cheered at the end of this magnificent feast, what a glorious end to this long day. Snyder created something unique and wants you to pedal faster.
:clap: :thumbup:

m4st4 wrote:Full theater just cheered at the end of this magnificent feast, what a glorious end to this long day. Snyder created something unique and wants you to pedal faster.
glad to see you didn't leave forever

Glad you liked it.

Now break your rule and give me some rating to work with.£

So I'm gonna be sitting for about 3hours, right? Big popcorn it is!