Big Little Lies (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Currently watching season one for the third time. I love this show so much and all the emotional scenes and some of the scenes I can relate to still hit so hard.

Also a little thing I noticed
in the first episode Amabella actually does point to the correct kid who choked her.

oh that's a pretty good detail

That was a nice trailer, it seems the show is going in the direction I hoped, that is to say, study the consequences of season 1, instead of having new shit happen. I feared that they would go the "Desperate housewives way", where all the shit in the world happen in one city, but it seems they are keeping it small, therefore real, relatable and relevant.
I also hope they have found one theme like domestic violences in season 1, that will make the season culturally important, the way season 1 was.
Also I know they are marketing it as a 100% female cast, but I wish Adam Scott had his name up their, amongst the lead. He was so great in season 1, my favourite character with Woodley's.

For those who've not seen it, and don't have HBO, HBO has uploaded the first season on its youtube page, apparently for mother's day.

Real eyes realize real lies

Almost done with my rewatch. This is my third rewatch but oh my gosh Kidman is still so captivating in her scenes. I feel like I notice little character ticks from her performance each time I watch it.

Her Emmy was so well deserved.

You can tell that Witherspoon had a lot of fun with her character. Madeline is such a fun character and she's the kind of person everyone should want as a friend.

Shailene Woodley and Zoe Kravitz aren't moms in real life like the rest of the cast, but their portrayals of young motherhood are still just as captivating and important.

I love this show so much and I hope season 2 doesn't let me down.

Anyone watching the new season?

It's a little soap opera like but man...the acting is great and Meryl Streep is a force.

Artemis wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 2:57 pm
Anyone watching the new season?

It's a little soap opera like but man...the acting is great and Meryl Streep is a force.
Yeah, it’s great entertainment. But the other actresses (and Adam Scott) are better than Streep (who’s an entertaining ham nonetheless).

Laura Dern is probably my favorite at the moment. They gave Renata a lot of great material in just two episodes so far.

In last night's episode, Kidman was so haunting. She was great.