Big Little Lies (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
akv1984 wrote:lol I love Reese's arrest video. She's trying so hard to Legally Blonde her way out of that situation.
I don't see letting your drunk husband drive (my sister was killed by a drunk driver) or verbally abusing an officer for doing his job "funny". To make matters worse, she doesn't think she did anything wrong. Her "apologies" were unbelievably disingenuous and she's remained an egomaniac. Even her own husband wanted nothing to do with her.

It's still funny.

Oh boy is this going to turn into a "what's okay and what's not okay" to joke about situation?

Obviously drunk driving is a serious crime and can have serious repercussions on people. But the video is funny because of the way Reese is acting. It's funny because you can see that she's channeling an angry Elle Woods and trying to legally jimmy her and her husband out of trouble.

It sucks that your sister passed away because of a drunk driver and you have my condolences. But we're not laughing at the subject of drunk driving, we're laughing at Reese and how hilarious and ridiculous she is being. There is a huge difference.

Exactly. We're not saying she's being reasonable. She's just funny with how she deals with things.

akv1984 wrote:Oh boy is this going to turn into a "what's okay and what's not okay" to joke about situation?

Obviously drunk driving is a serious crime and can have serious repercussions on people. But the video is funny because of the way Reese is acting. It's funny because you can see that she's channeling an angry Elle Woods and trying to legally jimmy her and her husband out of trouble.

It sucks that your sister passed away because of a drunk driver and you have my condolences. But we're not laughing at the subject of drunk driving, we're laughing at Reese and how hilarious and ridiculous she is being. There is a huge difference.
This person you're responding to is a psychotic troll who goes on multiple forums with the sole purpose of obsessing over and trashing Reese about how terrible of a human being she is. I almost guarantee "it" is making up that sister being killed story. Look at its post history for proof.

akv1984 wrote:Oh boy is this going to turn into a "what's okay and what's not okay" to joke about situation?

I just don't see the humor in her behavior. I don't ever want to meet anyone like that. She was borderline psychotic.

Allstar wrote:

This person you're responding to is a psychotic troll who goes on multiple forums with the sole purpose of obsessing over and trashing Reese about how terrible of a human being she is. I almost guarantee "it" is making up that sister being killed story. Look at its post history for proof.
I went through the history and they just now edited a post they wrote about Reese in 2015. LMAO how extra.

According to Reese Witherspoon they're discussing the possibility of a season 2.

No clue if that means they'd bring the entire cast back and continue with the season 1 story lines or just do it as an anthology series and have an all new cast/story but similar themes. Maybe bring back some of the cast American Horror Story style?

I doubt it. Nicole and Reese are huge stars with tight schedules. They both had to give up projects just to be in this (Nicole = Wonder Woman, Reese = Downsizing). They can't afford to do that again.

:clap:

Terrific series with wonderful portrayals of women.