Big Little Lies (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This just feel unnecessary

And as fun as Streep is in the role, I just can't buy her character as a real person and that's a problem.

They should just have make the second season all about Laura Dern. There's just never enough of her

So, without spoilers please, is this second season worth a shot?

poplar wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 7:17 pm
Definitely. If you like the actresses and the characters, it's still mostly delightful and Arnold fills Vallée's shoes almost perfectly.

Plot and writing-wise there's a lot to be desired imo, but there's still 5 eps left, so who knows

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 7:28 pm
poplar wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 7:17 pm
Definitely. If you like the actresses and the characters, it's still mostly delightful and Arnold fills Vallée's shoes almost perfectly.

Plot and writing-wise there's a lot to be desired imo, but there's still 5 eps left, so who knows
Thanks.
Directing was my main concern.

The first episode had some herky-jerky editing in it. The scenes felt like they were cut very suddenly and switched perspectives quite randomly. I didn't like that. Meryl Streep is a good addition to the cast, although that dinner screaming scene was a bit too "drama school" much, and that's about it when it comes to the strong points of the first episode.

I was really disappointed by it, especially due to how GREAT the first season was, but there's room for improvement, I guess.

Has Kravitz' roles been increased? I really liked her performance in the first season and I hoped she would've gotten a larger arc in that.

Nomis wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 6:44 am
Has Kravitz' roles been increased? I really liked her performance in the first season and I hoped she would've gotten a larger arc in that.
Yes. And she's great in this season too.

That's good to hear. I think I'm going to wait a couple of weeks so I can binge it. I only recently saw the first season for the first time so I got to watch it over a few days or something.

Well that was a lot of reveals in episode two. Now I gotta keep on watching yo.

What’s up with...
Bonnie and her mother and the visions? Seems totally bizarre and out of place for this show...