Big Little Lies (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
What a perfect finale.

:clap:

BLL is gonna kill it during award season. I'm pretty sure it is a huge sleeper pick at this point.
I can't believe they knocked out the whole finale in just an hour..

Jean Marc crushed it. Dare I say this is almost as impressive as what Cary did with TD S1. Truly an auteur making a 7 hour long movie if you will...how he incorporates flashbacks to unveil the story. I think he's proven to be a master in how he directs his editor with this and Wild (which he got an editing credit).

I am so pumped for his HBO adaptation of Sharp Objects now. I mean I was excited before but now this just solidifies it as utterly hyped.

My favorite scene in the finale was
seeing the shots of the waves crashing and Perry getting killed. The editing and cuts were just amazing.
There are a few bits I would have liked to see tied up but damn....this was a great show and did the book justice.

Wow, what a show and what a great finale! Loved every characters but Kidman and Woodley were the stand out for me. Yeah, I can't see they going with a second season, everything was tied up nicely.
Also, great soundtrack.

Glad to see more on here watching this and highly enjoying it.

Dear god, it was so addictive and great. I've finished it in two days. The ending is a bit of a letdown since it was a bit obvious since episode 3... and some storylines don't get a proper closure. But other than that, I really loved it. Great acting from everyone, great characters and most drama felt like real drama. That's life - comedy mixed with tragedy

Can't wait, watched this not that long ago. I really liked it. Jean Marc-Vallée is a great director, I really like his style. First season had wonderful performances and I loved how it got under the skin of the characters. Trailer for season two looks good.

How long before HBO is going to make the switch and let people stream the entire season once it airs like Netflix? Or is that something they're not going to do so easily?