FX's Legion

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Reviews are apparently really really great

HOLY FUCK
drop everything and watch this. Pretty sure the pilot blows everything Disney Marvel have done on TV and Netflix. All hail Hawley.

antovolk wrote:HOLY FUCK
drop everything and watch this. Pretty sure the pilot blows everything Disney Marvel have done on TV and Netflix. All hail Hawley.

Very cool pilot indeed. Rachel Keller is so adorable (ln Fargo too)

I thought the first half had a weird and disjointed structure, and not in a "cause it's about insane people!" kind of way. Second half was fucking amazing though. Stevens, Plaza, and Keller are all fantastic.

Pilot started off slow but the second half was pretty great. Can't wait to see what the rest of the season holds.

This was a great pilot. I like where the show is heading and hopefully it stays this good. I trust Hawley.

Yeah this is incredible. FX and Nawley have another winner. The second episode doesn't have the momentum of the first but the performances still carried it quite well. Also, only someone who created the second season of Fargo will have taken this approach to a comic-based show.

I think all those superhero TV shows look like crap, tried a few but couldn't get through them. Is this really better than the others?

Nomis wrote:I think all those superhero TV shows look like crap, tried a few but couldn't get through them. Is this really better than the others?
Having seen the whole first season now, it's easily the best show of the year so far. It's fantastic.