Mary Poppins Returns (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Gemma Gemma Gemma

Disney....stop. Just...just stop.

I won't be watching this unless it gets universal critical acclaim.

Arteton is terrible.

Felicity Jones or Emily Blunt.

Damn it I wish Boyle was directing this.

http://teamcoco.com/video/gemma-arterto ... ry-poppins

CONAN: But the Olympic opening ceremonies were stunning and then I find out that you were supposed to be Mary Poppins in the famous Olympic opening ceremony.
Is that true?

GEMMA: It's true.
When Danny Boyle directed the opening ceremony they asked me toe do it ages ago.
And I was going to be -- I think eventually, Mary Poppins descended from the sky.
It was just going to be me.
I was working on a film this summer and they wouldn't let me do it.

CONAN: They wouldn't let you -- I mean, the whole world was watching.
You're working on this film and they said --

GEMMA: They said sorry.
I always wanted to be Mary Poppins and I missed my chance.

CONAN: I know it's going to happen.

GEMMA: There will be another Olympics in the U.K. in the next 100 years.
£

ArmandFancypants wrote:Arteton is terrible.
Oh thank goodness. I thought it was just me.

Rumor: Disney Wants Emily Blunt For New Live Action 'Mary Poppins' Movie
Ever since "Edge Of Tomorrow," Emily Blunt's name has become tossed around anytime an action movie with a female lead gets announced. "...we don’t see women in these kind of roles. So I think as soon as you do a role like that, like Charlize [Theron] did or I did, or Rebecca [Ferguson]’s done -- there’s like four of us or something. And Jen[nifer] Lawrence. So I feel like us four, we get talked about -- and Angie, Angelina [Jolie Pitt]. So it’s a list of like, four women who are going to be considered for those kind of roles," she recently told Indiewire. "So I think that’s why the rumors happen, because they’re like, 'who else? Surely not another girl can wield a gun,' you know what I mean? 'A woman doing push-ups? There’s only one who can do that.' " Well, so talented is Blunt that's it not just action roles that he's being put in the rumor mill for.

Den Of Geek reports that the actress may possibly be the frontrunner for the title role in the recently announced live action "Mary Poppins" movie from Disney. The project already has “Chicago” and “Into The Woods” helmer Rob Marshall attached to direct, with“Life Of Pi” writer David Magee taking on the script, and Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman creating the tunes. The most interesting twist is that the new film will take place two decades after the original, so it's a quasi-sequel it sounds like.

Anyway, the actress is no stranger to Disney projects or singing, with previous roles in "The Muppets" and "Into The Woods." Plus she's a rising star and all around seems like a logical choice for the job. However, it's not clear if she's even been approached at this point.

We'll see how this develops but what do you think? Do like Blunt as Disney's new nanny or is there someone else you'd like to see in the part? Let us know below.

Oh God no.

JBR
DensOfGeeks is not the most reliable site for movie casting. They only stated Disney has Emily Blunt has on their radar. I would be not surprised Emily is only ONE of the actresses on their radar. I've been hearing from various discussions boards Amy Adams is attached.

My favorite:

I really like Hathaway. She was fantastic in Rachel Getting Married and Rises, also really good in Interstellar, but I gotta disagree with my mates m4 and RIFA and my idol DeNiro here. She won't be as much of a miscast as she was in Les Miserables, because this role is not nearly as demanding and challenging as Fantine, even if more tricky, but she still lacks the necessary charisma to do it. The fact that she looks the part wouldn't be enough.

She can sing, she can act but her competence in doing both simultaneously is rather questionable. She performed with a lot of errors in Les Miserables and overall was only solid where a more talented actress could have set the screen on fire. I found myself more impressed by both Barks (acting wise) and Seyfried (in terms of singing skills) in Hooper's adaptation.£