Split (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Well this is a great movie. Talk about character/s study yo. Classic slow burn of M. Night, but so fascinating. I'm happy for him; he's a good guy.

McAvoy is soooo good. To read a script like this and think "yeah, I can do that" just blows my mind yo. That Anya girl is gorgeous and a marvelous actress.

They were the only good actors in the film.

That final scene
with the Unbreakable score <3 <3 <3

What the therapist lady was presenting about DID being a superior state of the human brain (?? I'm paraphrasing) is really interesting yo.

This could of easily been confusing, but I followed Kevin's character dynamics pretty well. The therapy sessions were really good for that. Plus McAvoy is ace yo.

Finally saw it, I'd give it an 8ish out of 10 maybe a little more. Really? No nominations from any critic type awards for McAvoy in this (granted can't remember when this came out if it was on time for most of them)?

I unfortunately was also spoiled by
IGN saying a sequel to Unbreakable was in the works and when I started reading it they started going on about how the ending related to Unbreakable :facepalm: . I loved the twist when I just watched it, I can only imagine I would have jumped up in excitement if I didn't know about it beforehand, I really wonder if I would of guessed the twist based on the music playing before the Diner scene. Still, happy M Night did a good movie so I could actually get hyped for true Unbreakable sequel in a few years.
All in all, loved it, some disturbing stuff and Anya Taylor Joy was also very good. Now I feel I can start anticipating Night films again lol.

McAvoy definitely deserves a nomination yo.
Didn't Haley Joel Osment get a nomination for Sixth Sense?

the_red_ninja wrote:McAvoy definitely deserves a nomination yo.
Didn't Haley Joel Osment get a nomination for Sixth Sense?
Yes, as did Toni Collette