Split (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
You have got to be kidding me man.
The Sixth Sense
Unbreakable
Signs
The Village
In that order. :judge:

I tried watching Unbreakable, but I thought it was kinda boring and I barely paid attention to it. But that was a couple of years ago, so I reckon I might think differently of it now.

BlairCo wrote:I tried watching Unbreakable, but I thought it was kinda boring and I barely paid attention to it. But that was a couple of years ago, so I reckon I might think differently of it now.
Definitely. All of his movies take their sweet time and you'll soon find out that's just the way he rolls, but his first two (at least) simply demand attention.

So pumped for this

BlairCo wrote:I tried watching Unbreakable, but I thought it was kinda boring
heresy

you could also not watch signs

Like I said, that was years ago, but now I would like to give it another go.

The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and The Village are his best. You could totally pretend his other work doesn't exists lol

BlairCo wrote:I tried watching Unbreakable, but I thought it was kinda boring and I barely paid attention to it. But that was a couple of years ago, so I reckon I might think differently of it now.
Take it as an origin superhero story set in the real world.

Watch at least the first 4. Sixth and Unbreakable (yes, it is a slow paced movie) are his best, Signs and Village are good (with some parts that you may find lacking) but below the first 2 (Village was the first one that kinda split the audience and a signal of his downfall, at least in the eyes of audience reception, but you can't deny it is an well done atmospheric movie). Lady in the Water is the one that might kill the mood for Shyamalan :)) Happening is trash. Airbender is trash. Might find also After Earth trash (although I enjoyed it for what it was). Now The Visit is a return of sort for him (haven't seen it but reception was fairly good if I remember correctly).

I think Shyamalan saw that horror/thriller/suspense movies are his thing and returned to that. I don't think he will reach his glory days but hope he will at least put out good movies.
Last edited by JohnConstantine on October 27th, 2016, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I like The Happening yo. It speaks to me.