The Deuce (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
2/3s into season 2. It took some time to get back into it but damn is this delightful once again. Maggie Gyllenhaal is so good in this, it's a fantastic part and she's just owns every scene she's in. I love how real she makes Candy. Franco once again does a great job as Vincent and Frankie. Akinnagbe and Carr deserve serious praise. Oh and James Gandolfini's son Michael is in this, too.

The aesthetic is once again great and the performances are amazing, Maggie is so far the MVP again

Finished this a couple of days ago.

The last scene sealed the deal for me. I must say that at the start of this season it felt a bit all over the place. As if they weren't sure how to give these characters some more development before wrapping it up. But the last couple of episodes proved they actually did know and it payed off. Lori's arc is
incredibly depressing and I thought her last scene was still shocking.
Gyllenhaal proves once again that she's one of the finest actresses working of her generation, Eileen is a wonderful character and she breathed life into it like I can't seen anybody else do. She carries a certain grace I think is very hard to pull off.

I hope more people will watch this show. It's an honest look at the lives of people many discard off at first. But they're lives nonetheless and they go through some shit.

Levieva, Coy, Krumholtz, Meade and Franco are all great. Production value is top notch every season and that last scene
was just pitch perfect. It's so weird to see what changes Times Square made through, how they got there is what this show atually shows but making it all come back to the pivotal characters who started there, with that beautiful Blondie song playing over it. Yeah, this was great