Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
Bacon wrote:
March 8th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Why are people acting like this is a brand new Smash? It's just a port of 4.
you know this how

I fully expect it to be a port considering that it's coming out this year (Nintendo does not rush development) and the way it was revealed. A brand new Smash would have been saved for E3 or given its own dedicated direct, like Pokémon.

Still hyped to Hell and back though.

darthnazgul wrote:
March 8th, 2018, 9:43 pm
I fully expect it to be a port considering that it's coming out this year (Nintendo does not rush development) and the way it was revealed. A brand new Smash would have been saved for E3 or given its own dedicated direct, like Pokémon.

Still hyped to Hell and back though.
I like fighting games as sort of an outsider. Almost always buy them and Street Fighter is my No.1 franchise. However, for some reason, I never got into Smash, either on GC or WiiU... but I love Nintendo characters. Will this be something for me and bros during holidays, local coop etc.? How ‘deep’ is the system, I don’t want to spend months learning combos like with SF or Arc Sys games.

Also, looks like 2018 is a year of ports for Switch... sans what, Fire Emblem? Or maybe Pokemon if they reveal it during E3 (which looks to be the case). I’m fine with that since I never played Captain Toad (awesome puzzle game, now on the go), Tropical Freeze is a platforming masterpiece (for real) and now Smash...

As long as Metroid Prime 4, Animal Crossing (!!!), Pikmin 4 (!)... will be ready for 2019. Also, what the hell is Retro doing?!

There's next to nothing in terms of combos to learn. Hell, the only character to have things like quarter-circle motions was Ryu in 4, and even then those inputs were optional. You can pretty much pick up any character and know how to play them. There is a hidden layer of depth but it's incidental. Anyone can play.

Shadow of The Tomb Raider to be revealed April 27th.

Also, guess who's the guest character for Soul Calibur 6:

^ Never heard of the dude. ;)

Bring on Shadow of The Tomb Raider. I've been waiting for another Tomb Raider for so long.

I play games like

So Sea of Thieves doesn’t look like it’s all that good so what is next for Microsoft? What exactly is there to look forward to on the system that isn’t Forza, Halo, or Gears? I’m really hoping they have some monster reveals soon because it almost looks like they are abandoning the One and looking towards there next console or something. I have the One X which is awesome for 3rd party titles, but damn if I still had my old One it would be collecting dust since I have a PS4.

Anyone else think Microsoft really needs to start using all that money they have and start making/buying some real AAA stuff again?