Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.

How soon after release do most games become pirate-able/crackable? This is not for what you think it is.

I'm just paranoid. With Steam's refund policy only allowing 2 hours of gameplay, I'm afraid that if I play The Phantom Pain when it comes out, the hospital prologue will have an hour or two of just being in the hospital. I won't get a real look at whether I can truly run the game when I'm in the open world. For instance, before I got my graphics card, in Arkham Origins I could run the game fine when inside, but when outside it would lag insanely. Part of me is thinking I'll pre-order the game the day before, and then maybe pirate it that night, maybe skip all the cutscenes, and get to the open world and see if i can run it. Typing all this out, that seems like a dumb thing to do to be honest, but I'm just paranoid as I've never bought a game at full retail price ($59.99) and I'm afraid my computer won't be able to run it, even though it's able to run GZ extremely well on Low and fairly well on High.

Bacon wrote:I'm just paranoid. With Steam's refund policy only allowing 2 hours of gameplay, I'm afraid that if I play The Phantom Pain when it comes out, the hospital prologue will have an hour or two of just being in the hospital. I won't get a real look at whether I can truly run the game when I'm in the open world. For instance, before I got my graphics card, in Arkham Origins I could run the game fine when inside, but when outside it would lag insanely. Part of me is thinking I'll pre-order the game the day before, and then maybe pirate it that night, maybe skip all the cutscenes, and get to the open world and see if i can run it. Typing all this out, that seems like a dumb thing to do to be honest, but I'm just paranoid as I've never bought a game at full retail price ($59.99) and I'm afraid my computer won't be able to run it, even though it's able to run GZ extremely well on Low and fairly well on High.
Yep. Steam refund policy is still not where it's supposed to be. They should look at Origin.

Man its be nice of they released the fucking game instead of adding ships every nine seconds.

SilverHeart wrote:Man its be nice of they released the fucking game instead of adding ships every nine seconds.
I'm sure it'd be nice to release the game in pre-alpha stage.

It's been four years.