Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.

Laura Kate Dale bringing the Switch leaks. 14 days to go.

update the inside was super neat thanks cilly

I've just finished Mass Effect 3. And honestly? I don't know what to feel even with the extended cut.

I had to complete the ending twice since
i shot the catalyst the first time round
. Therefore voiding the achievements. And not being able to skip the cutscenes made the second playthrough even worse. :evil:

^ What color ending did you get? God I hate ME3 finale with a passion, never finished the game since it's such bullshit.

2017 is going to be glorious. 11 days to go.

m4st4 wrote:^ What color ending did you get? God I hate ME3 finale with a passion, never finished the game since it's such bullshit.
I got the
Control and destroy ending. I chose the refusal ending the first time around by accident so best not to speak of it. As for my legit choice, I chose destroy (so red/orange colour), the second time around, because i feel like my femshep wouldn't want it any other way.
You did good Dolores Shepard, you did good.

Anyway, i didn't hate the ME3's ending. I'd say it was underwhelming and disappointing. I'd give ME3 a 8.5/10. ME1 is a 8/10 and ME2 is a 9.3/10 if you guys are wondering.

Also, i'm cautiously optimistic with Adromeda.

Star Citizen seems like a mass sunk cost fallacy in the making.

Cilogy wrote:Star Citizen seems like a mass sunk cost fallacy in the making.
It's trash. No direction whatsoever. Trying to do too many things at once instead of focusing on what was the core of the game. They lost complete track of whatever they wanted to do with it. This is the perfect example of crowd-funding going wrong. You give too much money to people new to the industry and they'll fuck it up.

Star Citizen is a much worse version of DayZ. It will probably be ready by 2024 when DayZ will stop development while still in Beta.

I expect a couple of failures in 2017.

- Star Citizen collapsing just like No Man's Sky
- DOTA 2 actually decreasing in popularity
- Nintendo Switch being just a gimmick
- Overwatch failing to integrate in the competitive landscape called eSports

RIFA wrote:- Nintendo Switch being just a gimmick
- Overwatch failing to integrate in the competitive landscape called eSports
Which Nintendo consoles weren't gimmicks in your opinion? And what happens if it sells really good? Is it still a gimmick that happened to sell a shit ton of units? Like Wii (101 million) > WiiU (13 million).

Three hour (plus) battery life can indeed be seen as 'gimmicky' if one sees it as purely handheld (which Switch most definitely is not), but the message is already so much clearer than WiiU's: play the game on TV and when you go to a shitter take the console with you, continue playing. Or go to park, shorter bus ride, etc. Nintendo will remain niche/second console in the household for sure. As for Overwatch, it's already firmly integrated, it'll survive based on continuous Blizz support. Bad news is - console OW players are fucked, but that was to be expected.