Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.

Sekiro is a masterpiece.

EctoCooler31 wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 10:39 am
Sekiro is a masterpiece.
Sekiro is awesome, I don’t blame anyone for giving up on it as it is easily the most difficult game I’ve ever tried/played but once you get the hang of it. I have no idea if I’m even close to halfway through the game as it took me forever to get ahold of how combat works.

Finished Metro Exodus a little while ago. Aside from the crashing bugs which are annoying, it’s probably the best FPS single player experience this gen. The game just oozes with care in creating the world kinda like CD Projekt with The Witcher 3. I think it’s also easily the best looking game on consoles, better than even RDR2 or God of War.

It really is too bad with the whole Epic Store/Steam controversy because the game truly does deserve more attention.

Hearthstone is really so much more fun to play now since Ungoro, Frozen Throne, Kolbolds sets and odd/even cards have been rotated out. I've been playing a lot more each day.

Murloc Shaman (especially) and secret/dragon paladin are now the new annoyance though.

It has EA's name, so there is no reason to get excited or pay money for this until review scores come out

Bacon wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 2:28 pm
It has EA's name, so there is no reason to get excited or pay money for this until review scores come out
Do Titanfall and Apex Legends secretly suck?

https://www.vg247.com/2019/04/16/playst ... y-tracing/

Speaking with Wired, PlayStation’s lead architect Mark Cerny discussed the internal components in PS5. The system uses an 8 core AMD Ryzen part of AMD’s Navi line that supports ray tracing.

It is a custom variant of Radeon’s 7nm AMD Zen 2, a powerful CPU which arrives on the market mid-2019.

Sony working with AMD’s Ryzen CPU tech for the PlayStation 5 isn’t surprising. It worked with AMD on components for PS4.

The SSD inside the console is super fact. According to Wired, it took around 0.8 seconds to fast travel in Spider-Man compared to 15 seconds on PlayStation 4 Pro.

PS5 will support 8K resolution, and will be backwards-compatible with PS4 games. It will contain a disc-tray, and will be compatible with the current PSVR model.

prince0gotham wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 10:07 am
https://www.vg247.com/2019/04/16/playst ... y-tracing/

Speaking with Wired, PlayStation’s lead architect Mark Cerny discussed the internal components in PS5. The system uses an 8 core AMD Ryzen part of AMD’s Navi line that supports ray tracing.

It is a custom variant of Radeon’s 7nm AMD Zen 2, a powerful CPU which arrives on the market mid-2019.

Sony working with AMD’s Ryzen CPU tech for the PlayStation 5 isn’t surprising. It worked with AMD on components for PS4.

The SSD inside the console is super fact. According to Wired, it took around 0.8 seconds to fast travel in Spider-Man compared to 15 seconds on PlayStation 4 Pro.

PS5 will support 8K resolution, and will be backwards-compatible with PS4 games. It will contain a disc-tray, and will be compatible with the current PSVR model.
That backwards compatibility is 100% confirmed correct? If so I’m freaking pumped.

If so Microsoft is obviously going to have to step up their exclusives (which is a good thing for competition/gamers) or they might as well bow out.

From what I've heard MC is split between focus on the next box and developping xCloud tech so I'm not sure if that'll happen but who knows