Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
So, at this point I’d bet money that Anthem doesn’t average anything higher than mid 70s. I would also bet that it isn’t going to be this massive hit sale wise for EA as a lot of early impressions are saying it is worse than the base Destiny 1 game.

If Anthem does in fact bomb, what standing does BioWare have with EA?

PowerDump wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 6:04 pm
They still have Dragon Age 4 somewhere being released in the future. So if Dragon Age 4 does not bomb then maybe their standing will be good enough... unless EA stops the development.

Havoc1st wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 7:11 pm
PowerDump wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 6:04 pm
They still have Dragon Age 4 somewhere being released in the future. So if Dragon Age 4 does not bomb then maybe their standing will be good enough... unless EA stops the development.
Hopefully, I’m just so sick of the EA bullshit even if I don’t play all their games. As soon as I saw previews of it I knew it would just be a Destiny clone and a money sink. Like one of those games you never feel you own because they’ll keep releasing expansions that are ridiculously expensive.

Dragon Age is too niche for that big of an audience.

Unless they hang all their hopes on it and market it more than Battlefield and FIFA.

Month of flops.

March looks even better than January though.

DMCV (Capcom continues to RISE)
Sekiro
Mortal Kombat 11 Beta

Yep, looks like Anthem is complete mediocrity, I’m not sure if it’s all EA or what.

I heard tons of people didn’t get to play the beta much as it was extremely hard to get into a session so I’m actually curious to see if it’s relatively dead on arrival for how much EA was pushing it.

Bioware is the company that made Andromeda and Anthem so it’s not always (just) EA.

m4st4 wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 7:12 am
Bioware is the company that made Andromeda and Anthem so it’s not always (just) EA.
True, I just wonder if Anthem was the project they even wanted to do right now. Either way I don’t think BioWare would be as good as they used to be even if they were able to do anything they wanted.

If the whole Epic store thing isn’t the end of the world and you like the Metro series, I recommend people give Exodus a shot. Probably the best looking FPS game I’ve played and so far I like it better than the other 2.

IMO, as a fan of the series it has completely delivered, just needs a patch or 2 to get rid of some of the glitches.

A pretty reliable Youtuber posted a video that Anthem so far has only sold half of what Andromeda sold in the same amount of time and only 10% of what Destiny did in the same amount of time.

I’d almost be willing to bet it will be free to play before Fall but don’t quite dare lol.