Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
Actually surprised the new Pokemon game on Switch is getting solid reviews.

Last week I looked through my Steam library for something to replace the sad feeling of not owning a PS4 and RDR2, and ended up starting The Witcher 3 which I bought almost 3 years ago but never played more than a few hours.

30 more hours in and it's already one of the best games I've ever played.

Sounds like Fallout 76 is dumpster fire trash...never ever ever would’ve guessed that. Is anyone that really enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim actually 100% confident they’ll deliver an amazing Elder Scrolls 6? Cause after Fallout 4 and 76, I sure as shit am not.

Sanchez wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 6:11 pm
Last week I looked through my Steam library for something to replace the sad feeling of not owning a PS4 and RDR2, and ended up starting The Witcher 3 which I bought almost 3 years ago but never played more than a few hours.

30 more hours in and it's already one of the best games I've ever played.
:gonf:

PowerDump wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 1:11 am
Sounds like Fallout 76 is dumpster fire trash...never ever ever would’ve guessed that. Is anyone that really enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim actually 100% confident they’ll deliver an amazing Elder Scrolls 6? Cause after Fallout 4 and 76, I sure as shit am not.
Here's a fun fact: TES6 will have same engine as their previous games.

One more thing that is common in their previous games? Bugs. Loads of bugs. I expect the tradition to continue.

I’ll try not to go on and on and on but the first critic review on Metacritic for the PS4 version of Fallout 76 is a 30%. I mean holy shit it must be awful lol.

I just don’t think Bethesda can keep up with the top devs anymore. Open world games have just gotten so good with stories, characters, animations, and things to do in their worlds over the past few years. They just have to improve so much in their weak areas for the Elder Scrolls 6 that it seems impossible for them to be close to the top anymore.

Imo the problem isn't just that they don't really improve on their lacklustre engine, but recently writing and gameplay seem to get worse with every new game. Fallout 4 was a step back except for gunplay maybe and 76 continues that with it's lack of NPCs or story.